One Chance

Monday
Bosam's Point of View

Well, this was it. My first day meeting and training the person who'd be my replacement. Throughout the week, I'd have to show her around the building, fill her in on the tour details, and of course, on the current comeback concept, styling, and makeup choices. I also had to supervise her and give her pointers as she tried different looks on each of the members, who each had a day that they were scheduled to come in for her to practice on them for a few hours.

First on the schedule was thankfully not Yunho. I'm feel sorry towards him, but honestly, I've gone back to somewhat avoiding him. I just... I look at his cute puppy-like face and feel guilty, because I still can't stop thinking about my kiss with Jiho. After the tour got announced, I haven't had time to figure out my feelings, so I've just been pushing away my thoughts and feelings regarding the Yunho vs. Jiho situation to try my best to just focus and do my damn job. A tour was on the way for crying out loud. Time was of the essence, and we couldn't afford to make mistakes.

Instead, Mingi was first that week. He came with me on the first day. He had gorgeous, monolid eyes that could be a bit tricky to emphasize correctly, so I thought he'd be good for getting an idea about the new girl's skills.

As we walked through the hall towards the studio, Mingi spoke up. "Yunho wanted to come too."

"He's scheduled for Friday. Plus you guys have your own practice schedules to prepare for the tour. I can't just bring him because he feels like it," I said, making Mingi look down timidly. Shit. I instantly felt bad. Was I a bit snappy? I didn't mean to...

"Sorry," I mumbled, looking back at him as we walked. He didn't say anything in response at first.

"Is he okay?" He finally asked. "What?" I said, taken aback by his question. "He was acting off. And he never talks to me anymore, so I thought you'd know." He said, his sharp features looking dulled by his sad expression.

Damnit, he didn't listen. I told him some time ago to take care of his friendship with Mingi. Now look at the poor guy. The worst part is that Mingi wasn't mad at Yunho for forgetting about him– he was just worried about his best friend.

"Actually, I think you'd better ask him that yourself. Sorry I've kind of stolen him from you. He needs you though. I know he's been neglecting you, but please stick by him and try to talk to him, Mingi-yah." I said, looking back to him as we walked.

He nodded at me, a lightly concerned expression remaining on his face. "Okay, noona. But... I feel like he doesn't want to talk to me." He said, grabbing my sleeve as we walked, as if asking me for advice. He was such a big guy, but he reminded me of Rowoon, in a way. Real sweet, and with a precious, young soul. We hadn't had many chances to hang out, but I could already feel myself growing a soft spot for Mingi.

"I don't think that's it. I just think he feels guilty about not spending as much time with you and doesn't know how to approach you because of that." I reassured him, still looking back at him over my shoulder.

"Ah... yeah, that sounds like him. Okay. I'll approach him first. Thanks, noona." He said, smiling a bit at me.

That made me feel better. Hopefully, these two would actually make up. If I ended up finding out that Yunho dismissed Mingi, I'd be pissed.

We finally got to the studio, where a young woman was already waiting for us. She was very beautiful. Slightly shorter than me, with long, wavy dark hair that faded to a nice shade of silver at the tips. She had cute, puppy-like eyes that seemed sharper with the way she extended her eyeliner. She was also wearing a natural shade of gray contact lenses that complemented her hair beautifully. The girl could easily be mistaken for an idol herself, based on her beauty alone.