Fun and Games - Ready? Start!

Hours later
Yunho's Point of View

The plane finally landed. Bosam seemed so relieved as we were getting off the plane, but we all became confused as, after getting off the jet bridge and inside the airport, there seemed to be some type of hold-up at the gate. We weren't being escorted to collect our luggage and people who had another flight to catch were being held up. There was a lot of security blocking us from entering the rest of the airport, and a lot of staff speaking in English trying to calm everyone down, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. Partly because I'm not great at English, but also because the murmur of everyone trying to speak at the same time made it ten times harder.

"Could you hold him for a sec? I'll go see what's going on." Bosam said. I nodded and took Rowoon from her. She approached Jaehyun-hyung and they squeezed through the crowd together until they could get close enough to the staff to figure out what was happening. I knew Jaehyun-hyung spoke English, but I didn't know noona did too.

Soon, they came back with troubled looks on their faces. "So?" I asked curiously. "They said there's some kind of medical emergency beyond the gates, inside the airport and they're being asked to keep us here until it's resolved." She said, not looking satisfied by the answer they got. I then turned to look at Jaehyun-hyung and he seemed angry.

"I'm gonna make some calls. We can't stay here, we have places to be." He grumbled before walking off as he took his phone out of his pocket.

"Everyone," Bosam called to gather us. She began explaining to them what the staff had told her. "There seems to be some kind of medical emergency at the airport-" before she could finish explaining a loud noise coming from beyond the gates cut her off.

The murmur inside the room quieted down as everyone turned to the gates, alarmed, as we realized it was the sound of people screaming in the distance. I instinctively held Rowoon closer and grabbed Bosam's wrist, pulling her to stand behind me as I stared at the doors, wondering what could possibly be the cause of the screaming.

I was waiting for the screams to die down, but they only seemed to worsen. Shrill, blood-curling screams were coming from further inside the airport, now accompanied by the distant sound of glass breaking and stuff falling down.

The murmur returned, this time sounding much more concerned.

"Mommy, what's going on?" Rowoon whimpered, hugging my neck close. He was scared... but then again, I was getting scared too.

"I... I don't know." Bosam said, before catching herself. "But it's okay baby. They're keeping us safe over here. See all those security guards? They're here for our safety. We're okay." She said, putting on a brave smile as she gently stroked her son's cheek.

I felt someone grab my arm and turned to see Mingi holding onto me, clearly scared too.

I looked around and everyone seemed a bit alarmed. San was holding on to his carry-on's strap as Wooyoung huddled closer to him. Seonghwa seemed to move instinctively. He grabbed Hongjoong's hand and stepped in front of Jongho and Yeosang protectively, despite how afraid he looked. Chaewon grabbed Yeosang's arm and he looked down at her but didn't pull away.

Our group was quiet as the screaming seemed to grow closer and closer to our gate. The sound of thundering footsteps running as fast as they could grew ever closer until hands began pounding frantically at the glazed glass doors that separated us from the rest of the airport.

"OPEN THE DOOR!"
"LET US IN!"
"PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OPEN THE DOOR!"

I couldn't quite understand them, but it sounded like they needed help.