Getting Fired

Some time later

Bosam's Point of View

Yunho was different when it was just him and me. It was interesting to see- he was somehow both more anxious and more relaxed when it was just us two. What I mean is, he didn't behave as the same rowdy, crazy, energetic guy that he was around his members. So far, when he spent time with me, he seemed to mellow out into just... a big teddy bear. It was very endearing.

Maybe a bit too much. Jung Yunho is a very charming man... and as much as it may be hard for me to admit, I find myself liking him more and more. Like that night...

I don't know what took over me that night. I wasn't planning on kissing him- at all. I remember telling him not to expect kissing on the first date but to be honest, I just wasn't thinking about going on many dates with him. But I somehow found myself asking him to go on a second date and...

As we lay down under the starry night sky, I started to feel his burning gaze on me once again, making my cheeks feel warm against the cool night breeze. With such a pretty sight before us, his sights were still settled on me. A warm, admiring expression adorned his eyes as they dreamily trailed my face.

"What are you thinking about?" I remember asking him, wondering what could possibly be the cause of that dreamy look in his eyes.

Jung Yunho is a very honest and upfront man. I don't know if he actively tries to be this way, but it feels like he just doesn't hold back. When I ask, he tells me exactly what he's thinking and feeling. It was heartwarming to hear that he was just feeling happy to be here.

I could lie to you and blame it on the moonlight, on the stars, on the romantic atmosphere, or anything else. But that's all it would be: a lie. Truth is, I guess I only realized it as the words came tumbling out of my lips, but Yunho's patience with me was something that drew me in. When he said that the smallest bit of me was enough to make him very happy, I felt my heart flutter in a way it never had.

The way I felt that night was... complex. It was familiar, in a way. That feeling in your chest when a handsome man is staring at you like you're the only girl in the world, the tingling in the pit the stomach, the hot feeling on your cheeks, that's all familiar to me. But... it's hard to describe, the way my heart reacted to Yunho that night was different.

Maybe it was just the nature of our relationship. My past relationship was very passionate and heated. My heart was always racing around him. One glance, one touch, and I'd feel hot and tingly all over. Our relationship was a rollercoaster, with extremely high highs- moments of ecstasy, rush, love, and excitement- and extremely low lows: moments of hate, anger, resentment, and abandonment.

But Yunho was different, and so was the way he made me feel: he wasn't explosive, he was gentle; he wasn't demanding, he was patient; he wasn't possessive, he was protective.

I didn't feel on edge around him, I felt safe.

If I'm trying to explain myself, not for your sake, but my own, I guess I can come to the conclusion that I got caught up in the moment. I was enveloped by the love that came flowing from his fond gaze, and I returned it with a kiss.

I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss. When I first closed the distance between our faces and pressed my lips to his, he froze, inhaling sharply through his nose in surprise. A second or two went by where I started to regret letting myself go like that, and I was about to pull away when I felt his hand reach up to my face. His palm gently glided across my cheek before settling on the side of my neck, his fingers lacing into my hair. I felt him let out a breath through his nose, as if sighing contently as he started to kiss me back.