Chapter 8

Hermione and Draco were back at Hogwarts, they walked around the Black lake, hand in hand.

'Are you happy?' Hermione asked.

Draco looked at her and pulled his eyebrows up.

'What? That's a normal question.' Hermione said.

'Now I am.' Draco said smiling.

Then Draco stopped and pulled Hermione close to him.

'Hermione uhm can I ask you something?' Draco asked.

'Of course, what's wrong?' Hermione asked.

'Well uhm... do you want to be my girlfriend?' Draco asked blushing.

Hermione got butterflies in her stomach and blushed.

'Yes, I would love to.' Hermione said.

Draco was so happy, he hugged Hermione tight and kissed her.

'How am I going to tell this to my friends?' Hermione said.

'I think Luna is happy for us.' Draco said smiling.

'Yeah I know she would but the others...' Hermione said.

'They have to live with it, this is your decision right?' Draco asked carefully.

'Yes indeed, you're right.' Hermione said smiling and she kissed him again.

'Shall we go to the Great Hall?' Draco asked.

'What? Why?' Hermione asked.

'It's dinner time.' Draco said laughing.

'Oh, yeah let's go.' Hermione said smiling and they walked holding each other's hands through the snow back to the castle.

Back inside they walked to the Great Hall.

McGonagall was talking with Luna who was sitting on the other side of the table when she saw Draco coming in.

'Good evening mister Draco who do you've got there?' Professor McGonagall asked smiling when she saw he held someone's hand.

Then she saw it was Hermione.

'Oh well miss Granger, who would've thought that.' She said smiling.

Hermione blushed and walked with Draco to the table. They sat down in front of Luna.

'So I see your day was good.' Luna said smiling.

'Yes, it sure was.' Draco said.

After dinner they went to the library because Hermione wanted to get a book there.

'Are you going to try Quidditch this year?' Draco asked.

'Oh no, no thank you, I'll stay with my feet on the ground.' Hermione said laughing.

'Are you?' Luna asked Draco.

'No I don't think so.' Draco said.

'Why not? You can try you know, you're really good in flying.' Hermione said.

'How do you know?' Draco asked surprised.

'I saw you fly a few weeks ago.' Hermione said smiling.

Draco smiled and put his arm around Hermione.

'I know where the book is I'll be right back.' Hermione said and she walked towards the bookshelf when they arrived in the library.

'So when did you asked her?' Luna asked.

'A few minutes before dinner.' Draco said smiling while he looked at Hermione.

'Cute.' Luna said smiling.

Draco looked at Luna and smiled.

'You deserve this Draco, you really do.' Luna said.

'Thank you Luna.' Draco said smiling.

Hermione came back to them with a book in her hand.

'What a pretty necklace you have there.' Luna said.

'What? Oh thank you, Draco gave it to me.' Hermione said smiling.

'I'm going to the Ravenclaw common room, see you tomorrow.' Luna said smiling.

'Good night.' Hermione and Draco said and Luna walked away.

Draco walked with Hermione to the Gryffindor tower.

'Good night.' Draco said.

'Would you like to come in?' Hermione asked.

'Did you forget where we are?' Draco asked.

'Uhm we're in front of the Gryffindor common room.' Hermione said.

'Yes, and I'm a Slytherin I can't come in there.' Draco said.

'Of course you can, almost everyone is gone.' Hermione said smiling and she pulled Draco with her into the Gryffindor common room.

Draco looked around, this common room was very different then the Slytherin common room. When you walked in there it was warm, it felt like coming home. The whole room was welcoming. Draco looked around. The Slytherin room was nothing like this room, the Slytherin room was cold.

'What do you think?' Hermione asked.

'This is awesome.' Draco said.

Hermione smiled and walked to the couch and she sat down in front of the fire. Draco walked after her and sat down.

They sat there the whole night, talking and laughing. When it was late Draco went back to the Slytherin common room.

The whole vacation was over before they knew it. Hermione didn't know what she had to do. Shall she tell Ron, Harry and Ginny that Draco was her boyfriend?

'What's wrong?' Draco asked when Hermione and he walked outside on the last day before students would come back.

'Why?' Hermione asked.

'You're so quiet.' Draco said.

'I was just wondering what I had to do, shall I tell them or shall I wait.' Hermione asked.

'That's up to you.' Draco said.

'Whatever your choice would be, it's okay to me.' Draco said smiling.

Hermione smiled and nodded.

'Is it okay if I don't tell it yet?' Hermione asked.

'Yes sure, but then we can't be seen in public.' Draco said.

'I know...' Hermione said.

Draco looked down at the ground while they walked through the snow.

'We'll come up with somethig.' Draco said.

'Yes we will.' Hermione said.

Hermione let Draco's hand lose and walked a little bit to the left. Draco looked up wondering what she was doing, but then he got a snowball thrown at him.

'Hee!' Draco said laughing.

Hermione laughed and threw another one. Draco grabbed some snow and threw it to Hermione, but Hermione was to fast. Draco ran towards Hermione. Hermione noticed Draco to late and Draco had thrown himself on Hermione and they both fell on the ground. They laughed and Draco helped Hermione up.

'Draco!' Hermione said laughing and she pushed him jokingly.

The last day they could spent in public together was over in a finger snip. Everyone would come back tomorrow