Chapter 26

Hermione woke up the next morning and when she looked up she saw that Draco was still sleeping next to her. She had laid with her head on his chest the whole night. Hermione was still tired but that wasn’t weird because she had lost a lot of blood. Then Draco opened his eyes slowly and looked down at Hermione. He gave her a warm smile and he bowed forwards to give her a kiss on her forehead.
‘Good morning beautiful.’ He said smiling.
‘Good morning.’ Hermione said.
‘How did you sleep?’ He asked.
‘Like a baby.’ She said smiling.
Draco nodded smiling and pressed her close to him.
‘Draco…’ She said.
‘Yeah?’ He asked.
‘You’re kind of hurting me.’ Hermione said.
‘Oh I’m so sorry.’ He said loosening his hug.
‘Doesn’t matter.’ Hermione said.
Then someone knocked on the door.
‘Come in.’ Hermione said.
The door of the room opened. They both looked up and they saw Harry, Ginny and Ron coming in. Draco wanted to stand up from Hermione’s bed but Hermione fast packed his hand.
‘Hee guys!’ She said cheerful.
‘Good morning.’ Harry said with a small smile.
‘Oh my gosh Hermione! I was so scared that you would die!’ Ginny said.
She fast came towards Hermione and she gave her best friend a hug.
‘Gin careful you’re hurting me.’ Hermione said laughing.
‘I’m so sorry.’ She said fast standing up straight again.
‘So how are you?’ Ron asked.
‘Could be better.’ Hermione said.
‘Why didn’t you come yesterday?’ Draco asked.
‘Because when we opened the door you two were sleeping.’ Ginny said with a smirk.
Hermione started to blush a bit.
‘So we thought, let’s just wait.’ Harry said.
‘Draco can I talk to you?’ Harry asked.
Draco nodded and stood up.
‘I’ll be back in a minute.’ Draco said to Hermione, Hermione loosened her grip on his hand and nodded.
Draco planted a gentle kiss on her forehead and followed Harry out of the room.
‘What’s up?’ Draco asked.
‘The nurse er- told us that Hermione isn’t out of the danger zone. She er- she still can die.’ Harry said.
Draco widened his eyes and looked at Harry.
‘Really?’ Draco asked worried.
Harry nodded lightly.
‘Can we prevent that?’ Draco asked.
‘I don’t think so, just be really careful around her and if you’re just a bit sick or something, don’t come near her.’ Harry said.
Draco nodded.
‘When can she come back with us to Hogwarts?’ Draco asked.
‘I don’t know.’ Harry said.
‘Okay, have they caught my father?’ Draco asked.
‘I don’t know.’ Harry said again.
‘Hmm, maybe I need to find him and lock him up…’ Draco thought out loud.
‘No, don’t do that, that’s too dangerous.’ Harry said.
‘And since when do you care? I mean look at your past.’ Draco said with a smirk.
Harry got a smile on his face thinking back on his previous years on Hogwarts, I someone broke the rules and didn’t listen it was himself.
‘But Hermione wouldn’t want you to go.’ Harry said.
‘But if he’s not locked up, he can kill her.’ Draco said.
‘He won’t.’ Harry said.
‘What if we go back to Hogwarts, tell McGonagall the news, you can go change and then you go back to Hermione.’ Harry said.
Draco was silent for a while and then he nodded.
‘Okay.’ Harry said and they walked back to Hermione.
Ginny and Ron were talking to her and when Harry and Draco walked in they looked up.
‘I’ll be right back, I’m just going to change at school.’ Draco said.
‘Okay, but can you maybe take some books with you when you’re coming back?’ Hermione asked.
Draco smiled and nodded.
‘Of course I can.’ Draco said smiling.
‘Shall we go then?’ Harry asked.
Ginny and Ron stood up and walked with Harry out of the room.
‘See you in a few minutes, stay here.’ Draco said smiling.
‘I can’t go anywhere, can I?’ Hermione said laughing.
‘True.’ Draco said smiling and he kissed her before he also walked out of the room.
Draco closed the door behind him and then Hermione was alone. She looked around in the room but there was nothing to do. She just had to wait until Draco would come back with some books. She closed her eyes and she fell asleep after a few seconds. The whole thing had a huge impact on her. She was so tired and hadn’t much energy. Then Hermione opened slowly her eyes because she had heard the door of her room open and close. 
‘I hadn’t expect you back already.’ Hermione said but when she turned her head she saw it wasn’t Draco who was standing in front of the door.
Hermione gasped and froze. It was Lucius who was looking at Hermione.
‘What are you doing here?’ Hermione asked softly.
‘I wanted to talk to you about yesterday.’ Lucius said coming closer.
Hermione felt her heartbeat rise. What did she had to do?
‘About what you said…’ Lucius said.
‘I was telling you to truth sir.’ Hermione said softly.
‘I know.’ Lucius said.
‘I really did! Wait what?’ Hermione asked confused.
‘I know you told me the truth.’ Lucius said.
‘Really?’ She asked surprised.
‘Yes.’ Lucius said.
‘But, sir, I don’t want to be rude, but why are you here?’ Hermione asked.
‘Because, I wanted to er- say I’m sorry.’ Lucius said.
‘Thank you.’ Hermione said with a small smile.
‘And you were right, I would’ve loved Narcissa even if she wasn’t a pure-blood witch.’ Lucius said.
Hermione got a little smile on her face.
‘Of course, you can’t really chose who you love, it just happens, if you like it or not.’ Hermione said.
‘I don’t want to be rude or anything sir, but I think you better can go before someone sees you.’ Hermione said.
Lucius nodded.
‘I’m leaving, but first you need to promise me one thing.’ Lucius said.
Hermione looked at Lucius.
‘Take good care of my son, I could see he really loves you.’ Lucius said.
‘Of course sir, I promise.’ Hermione said with a small smile.
Lucius nodded and walked away.
‘Oh sir can I ask you something?’ Hermione said quickly.
Lucius turned back around and nodded.
‘Who told you about Draco and me?’ Hermione asked.
‘I got a letter from Pansy Parkinson.’ Lucius said after a few seconds of silence.
Hermione widened her eyes.
‘I hope I will see you in the future.’ Lucius said.
Hermione nodded with a small smile.
‘Goodbye.’ Lucius said.
‘Goodbye.’ Hermione said and Lucius apparated away.
‘So all of this started with Parkinson….’ Hermione thought.
Hermione turned her head back and she stared at the ceiling.
‘That was…. Weird…’ Hermione thought.
‘Would there be a chance that Lucius has already changed a little bit?’ Hermione thought.
‘I’m back.’ Draco said.
Hermione fast turned her face because Draco had scared her.
‘Don’t worry, it’s just me.’ Draco said laughing.
‘I’ve got your books.’ Draco said showing Hermione the books in his hand.
‘Thank you.’ Hermione said.
‘Are you okay?’ Draco asked worried stopping next to Hermione’s bed.
‘Well er-    yeah I’m okay.’ Hermione said.
‘Are you sure?’ Draco asked.
‘Yeah, yeah nothing to worry about.’ Hermione said.
Draco looked at her face, he didn’t believe her. Hermione did want to tell him about his dad who had just been visiting her. But she thought this was not the right time. She would tell it eventually. Hermione fast looked at the books that Draco was holding.
‘Which books did you took with you?’ Hermione asked reaching out to grab one of the books.
‘Here.’ Draco said laying the books on Hermione’s bed next to her.
She smiled and looked back up at Draco. She packed his hand and pulled him closer. She lifted the same hand up and put it on his cheek, she lifted her chin a bit and kissed Draco softly on the lips. He answered her kiss and Draco felt Hermione smile while they kissed. Draco pulled away and laid down next to Hermione after she scoot a bit over. Draco put his arm around her and Hermione laid her head on Draco’s shoulder.
‘You know you can tell me everything right?’ Draco asked.
Hermione looked up at him, Draco looked at her still with a worried face.
‘Yes.’ Hermione said.
‘Okay.’ Draco said.
Draco saw that something was bothering Hermione.
‘Draco…’ Hermione said after a few minutes of silence.
‘Yeah?’ Draco said.
‘I-I need to tell you something.’ Hermione said.
‘Okay.’ Draco said.
‘And you need to promise me you won’t get mad.’ Hermione said.
‘Okay….’ Draco said again getting more worried.
‘Er- well…. Someone visited me just a few minutes before you came in…’ Hermione said.
‘Okay, who?’ Draco asked looking down at Hermione.
‘Er- well it was er- ‘ Hermione said.
‘Hermione…. Who visited you before I came in?’ Draco asked.
Hermione looked down at her hand that was intertwined with Draco’s.
‘It was… it was your father Draco.’ Hermione said.