Chapter 31

‘What if Hermione has something, what if she’s not the same anymore, what if something is damaged inside of her because of the Cruciatus Curse?’ Draco said out of the sudden when he thought about it.
It had popped up in his mind out of nowhere and he fast looked up at Harry, Ginny, Ron, Neville, Luna, Seamus and Dean who were now looking at him.
‘I- I hadn’t thought of that one yet.’ Harry said softly.
‘Me neither.’ Ginny said.
‘But first she has to wake up doesn’t she?’ Seamus asked.
‘Finnigan!’ Ginny hissed and she looked at Draco with worried eyes.
‘What? It’s true!’ He said defending himself.
‘What if she lost her memory.’ Draco said.
‘She hasn’t lost her memory.’ Harry said.
‘How do you know?’ Draco asked.
‘Because I know.’ Harry said.
‘You can’t know that!’ Draco said.
‘I just hope.’ Harry said.
‘Does anyone know who has been sending notes or something to Hermione?’ Draco asked fast changing the subject.
Everyone looked at Draco with confused faces.
‘Well?’ Draco asked.
‘Who would be sending her notes?’ Neville asked.
‘I don’t know.’ Draco said.
‘Why are you asking this?’ Dean asked.
‘Because I was yesterday with Hermione and her cloak fell on the ground. I picked it up and there was this note on the floor, it was a folded piece of parchment.’ Draco said.
‘What was written on it?’ Ginny asked.
‘I don’t know I didn’t look.’ Draco said.
‘Why not?’ Seamus asked.
‘Maybe it was something private!’ Draco said.
‘You’re her boyfriend.’ Ron said with disgust in his voice.
‘Yeah and your point is?’ Draco asked.
‘You can look at it.’ Ron said.
‘No I can’t, it’s not for me, otherwise I would have it.’ Draco said.
‘I think you should’ve looked, maybe it was for you.’ Ron said shrugging his shoulders.
‘Where is it?’ Harry asked.
‘I put it back in the pocket of her cloak.’ Draco said.
‘Look at it when you’re with her again.’ Ginny said.
‘I don’t know….’ Draco said.
‘She’s asleep, she wouldn’t notice it.’ Harry said.
‘But that is disrespectful.’ Draco said.
‘Just look and when you see that it’s absolutely not for you, you put it back in her pocket.’ Ginny said.
‘I don’t know….’ Draco said.
‘If you’re not going to look I will.’ Ginny said.
Draco looked at Ginny and then nodded.
‘Okay I’ll look.’ Draco said.
Ginny gave him a smile and nodded.
‘Did anyone of you found any evidence?’ Draco asked changing the subject.
Everyone shook their heads.
‘Maybe the note is evidence?’ Luna said out of the sudden.
Everyone looked at Luna with confused faces.
‘Just suggesting.’ Luna said.
‘I don’t think so Luna, how can a note that was in her pocket, be evidence for something that happened when it was already in there?’ Draco asked.
‘I don’t know.’ Luna said.
‘I’m with Draco, that’s not possible.’ Ron said.
‘Well unless professor Trelawney put it into her pocket.’ Harry said.
Ron rolled his eyes laughing.
‘Yeah maybe she would like to predict your dead again.’ Ron said.
Then everyone was silent and looked at Ron.
‘But he DID die, didn’t he?’ Neville said softly.
‘The things that she said came true….’ Seamus said softly.
Draco widened his eyes and fast stood up.
‘Where are you going?’ Ginny asked.
‘To Hermione, I’m going to look what is on the note!’ Draco said and he ran away.
Draco arrived a while later at St Mungo’s and he ran towards Hermione’s room, but when he opened the door Hermione was gone.
Draco’s heartbeat raised. Why was she not in her room? Would’ve happened something? What if she woke up? Or what if she died?
‘Where is Hermione?’ Draco asked to the first nurse who passed the room.
‘Miss Granger has changed from room.’ She said.
‘Where is she now?’ Draco asked.
‘Don’t worry, she’s in room 069.’ She said and then she walked away again.
Draco walked to room 069 and saw to his relieve Hermione laying on the bed. Draco walked to the chair and sat down. Then he realised why he was there in the first place, but Hermione’s cloak was gone. Draco fast stood up and ran out of the room. He ran towards the desk where a woman was sitting.
‘Excuse me, but do you perhaps know where the cloak of Hermione Granger is?’ Draco asked.
‘Yes we put it in the laundry.’ The woman said with a smile.
Draco’s eyes widened.
‘Where can I get it?’ Draco asked fast.
‘Er- downstairs…’ The woman said.
Draco started to run, down the stairs and after a minute he arrived downstairs, heavily panting.
What if he was too late? What if the note was gone? That would be horrible!
He fast ran towards the huge pile of clothes. Draco fast pulled clothes out of the pile and he searched for what seemed like hours, though it were 10 minutes. Draco finally found Hermione’s cloak and fast felt in the pocket, but it was empty. He fast put his hand in the other pocket, but this one was empty too. Draco started to panic a little bit. Where did the note go?
‘What are you doing down here boy?’ A woman asked out of the sudden behind him.
Draco turned around.
‘I er-.’ Draco said.
‘Go back upstairs.’ The woman said.
‘Yes, yes.’ Draco said and he fast passed the woman.
Draco walked back upstairs and entered Hermione’s room again. Draco let himself fall in the chair and sighed. He put his hands on his face and closed his eyes.
‘Are you okay dear?’ An old woman asked out of the sudden from the door after a few minutes.
Draco looked up and nodded.
‘Yeah I’m fine.’ Draco said.
‘Who are you?’ The old woman asked.
‘I’m her boyfriend.’ Draco said looking at Hermione.
‘Oh yeah I’ve seen you walking around here.’ The old woman said.
‘Who are you if I may ask?’ Draco asked.
‘I’m Ellen O’Connor.’ The old lady said.
‘Nice to meet you.’ Draco said.
‘Can I come in?’ Mrs O’Connor asked.
‘Yeah sure.’ Draco said.
‘She’s a pretty girl, isn’t she?’ Mrs O’Connor said looking at Hermione.
‘Yeah she sure is.’ Draco said smiling.
‘Why is she here?’ Mrs O’Connor asked.
‘She’s in a coma.’ Draco said.
‘How did that happen?’ Mrs O’Connor asked.
‘Someone used the Cruciatus Curse on her.’ Draco sighed.
‘Oh my, dear.’ Mrs O’Connor said shocked.
‘What kind of person does that?’ Mrs O’Connor asked to no one special.
‘A stupid bitch.’ Draco said.
Mrs O’Connor looked at him and nodded.
‘How is she?’ Mrs O’Connor asked looking at Hermione again.
‘She’s really smart, always reading, fun to be around, lovely, wonderful and the best person in my life.’ Draco said smiling.
‘Oh and she’s kind of a knows-it-all.’ Draco said smirking.
Mrs O’Connor smiled.
‘But may I ask what you’re doing here?’ Draco asked.
‘I’m a patient here and I was bored, so I walked through the hallways and then I saw you sitting really hopeless.’ Mrs O’Connor said.
‘Yeah, I was looking for her cloak, because there was a note in it, but it’s gone.’ Draco said.
‘Oh, but if you’re looking for a note, then I can help you with that.’ Mrs O’Connor said smiling.
‘Really?’ Draco said looking up.
‘Yeah, they put it in the bag with personal belongings.’ She said.
‘Where is that bag?’ Draco asked fast.
‘In the closet.’ Mrs O’Connor said.
Draco fast stood up and walked to the closet. He opened it and there was indeed a bag laying. Draco packed the bag and found the note. Draco’s heartbeat slowed down again and he felt the panic that had been in his body slip away. Draco sighed relieved and walked back to the chair.
‘Thank you Mrs O’Connor.’ Draco said.
‘No problem dear.’ Mrs O’Connor said.
‘I think I’m going back to my room, my son would come over and visit me this afternoon.’ She said.
‘It was nice to meet you Mrs O’Connor.’ Draco said.
‘Nice to meet you too.’ Mrs O’Connor said smiling and she walked away.
‘She didn’t even ask my name.’ Draco thought to himself after Mrs O’Connor was away.
Draco looked at the folded piece of parchment. His heartbeat raised again a little while he played with it. He folded the parchment slowly open and then he looked up at Hermione.
‘Why aren’t you just waking up?’ Draco asked softly, but there came no reaction.
Draco looked back at the parchment that was now unfolded and his eyes widened.

A/N:

Oh my Draco found the note thanks to Mrs O'Connor :D One problem solved.... only one left, Hermione. Draco is becoming hopeless and he can't live without her anymore.
Sorry for the late update, I was really stuck with this story :/ I'll try to update as soon as possible :)
Thank you for reading, voting and commenting it means a lot :)
xxc