Chapter 32

Draco ran through the corridors of the castle towards the Great Hall. The doors opened in front of him and he stormed in. Most of the students who were seated nearby the door looked up from their dinner with confused looks on their faces. Draco rushed over to Harry, Ginny and Ron who were talking.
‘Guys!’ Draco panted.
They looked up from their plates.
‘Oh hi Draco.’ Ginny said smiling.
‘I-I…’ Draco panted.
‘Dude calm down! You’re going to hyperventilate!’ Harry said.
‘Here sit down.’ Ginny said.
Draco nodded and all the eyes stayed on him while he drank some pumpkin juice.
‘Okay why are you so er- sweaty?’ Ron asked.
‘I was with Hermione, you know for the note, but it was gone….’ Draco started.
‘How can a note be gone?’ Ron asked.
‘Sjuss!’ Ginny said giving her brother a warning look.
‘What?’ Ron asked.
Ginny rolled her eyes.
‘But an old lady told me it was in a bag with her properties and I found it.’ Draco said.
‘And what was on the note?’ Harry asked.
‘Read it yourself.’ Draco said getting the note out of his pocket.
Draco gave the note to Harry and he immediately read it.
‘Guys, we’ve got proof.’ Harry said smirking, giving the note to his girlfriend.
‘Oh my gosh Draco! You did it!’ Ginny said with widened eyes and a smile on her face.
‘We need to go to McGonagall immediately!’ Harry said.
‘Now?’ Ron asked looking at his plate.
‘Can’t we wait until dinner is over?’ Ron asked.
Three pairs of eyes were on Ron now.
‘You’re kidding right?’ Ginny asked.
‘Well actually…’ Ron said.
‘I mean the note isn’t going to walk away or something, it will still be there after we ate our dinner.’ Ron said.
‘Plus Draco hasn’t eaten anything yet!’ Ron added fast.
‘Yeah and you really care about that, don’t you?’ Ginny asked.
‘Of course I do!’ Ron said not really convincing.
‘Oh shut it you.’ Ginny said.
‘What do you want?’ Harry asked turning to Draco.
‘Oh er- well I think we can first eat some dinner.’ Draco said noticing he was quite hungry.
Harry and Ginny nodded and Ron just sat there with a big smile putting some more chicken in his mouth. Draco started to eat, though he wasn’t really hungry. When Ron finally finished his dinner they stood up and walked up the stairs towards McGonagall’s office.
‘Er- does anyone know the password?’ Draco asked.
‘Shoot totally forgot.’ Harry said.
‘How are we getting in now?’ Ginny asked.
‘Not.’ Ron said.
‘What now?’ Ginny asked.
‘We can wait…’ Harry said.
‘If we just had some liquid luck, then maybe everything would be all right.’ Draco said.
Then the statue started to move and everyone looked at Draco.
‘Liquid luck of course why not?’ Draco said walking forwards.
Harry knocked on the door of the office and they heard McGonagall say ‘Come in.’ They walked into the office and McGonagall looked up.
‘Can I help you with something?’ She asked.
‘Well actually we’ve got proof against Parkinson.’ Draco said.
‘Oh really?’ She said and there came a little smile up on her face.
Draco turned to Harry and Ginny.
‘I don’t have it.’ Ginny said.
‘Me neither.’ Harry said.
Draco widened his eyes and then looked at Ron with hope that he would maybe have it, because if he didn’t the only proof they had was gone until Hermione woke up, well if she would wake up.
‘Do you have it?’ Draco asked.
‘Er- I don’t know.’ Ron said and he put his hands in his pockets.
‘I er- don’t have it either…’ Ron said.
‘Oh no! Are you kidding me?’ Draco said running out of the office back downstairs towards the Great Hall as fast as he could.
He ran into the Great Hall where a few students were still sitting. Draco ran to the place where they had just been sitting, but there was no folded piece of parchment on the table. Draco kneeled down and looked under the table, on the benches again on the table, but the note was gone. Draco went with his hand through his hair and looked around hopeless. He was starting to panic and looked again, though he knew it wouldn’t appear in two seconds.
‘Draco?’ He heard out of the sudden behind him.
Draco turned around and saw Luna standing there.
‘Hee Luna, can’t talk right now, looking for something.’ Draco said quickly.
‘Draco, listen.’ Luna said.
‘I don’t really have the time to li….’ Draco started.
‘Draco Malfoy, you’re going to listen now!’ Luna half shouted.
Draco looked startled up at Luna.
‘You’re looking for the parchment right?’ Luna asked.
‘Yes.’ Draco said.
‘Do you have it?’ Draco asked quickly running to where Luna was standing.
‘You left it after you were finished.’ Luna said.
‘Thought it might be important.’ Luna said reaching into her pocket and pulling her hand back out with a folded piece of parchment.
‘Thank god! Thank you Luna you saved my life.’ Draco said packing the parchment from Luna after she handed it over to him.
‘No problem, that’s where friends are for right?’ Luna asked.
‘Yes indeed, thank you Luna.’ Draco said again.
‘I’m gonna go.’ He said running away.
‘Good luck.’ Luna said smiling.
Draco ran up the stairs again, said the password and ran back into the office.
‘And? Did you find it?’ Ginny asked.
‘No, but Luna did.’ Draco said.
‘What would’ve we done without Luna.’ Harry said smirking.
‘That’s great!’ Ginny said smiling.
Draco walked over to McGonagall and gave her the note. She folded it open and read the letter. After she had finished it reading twice she looked up with shock all over her face.
‘Okay, this is enough proof.’ McGonagall said.
‘You can go now, I’ll do everything from here.’ She said.
‘Thank you.’ Draco said.
‘Good job.’ McGonagall said smiling.
Draco gave her a quick nod before he walked out of her office with the other three.
‘Glad we finally have proof.’ Ginny said.
‘Yes me too.’ Harry said.
‘There is only one thing left.’ Draco said.
Ginny, Harry and Ron gave him a confused look.
‘Hermione has to wake up.’ Draco said.
‘Yes indeed, but she will.’ Ginny said.
‘Don’t give up believing.’ Harry said.
Draco shook his head.
‘We’re going to the Gryffindor Tower, would you like to come with us?’ Ginny asked.
‘Oh no, thanks, I’m going back to my own common room.’ Draco said.
‘Okay, see you tomorrow.’ Ginny said and they walked away.
Draco walked down the stairs and ended up in the Slytherin Dungeons. He said the password and walked into the common room. There he found Blaise sitting in one of the chairs.
‘Hee mate, how are you?’ Blaise asked.
‘Haven’t seen you all day.’ He added.
‘I was in St Mungo’s.’ Draco said.
‘And did she wake up yet?’ Blaise asked.
‘No unfortunately not.’ Draco said.
‘She will, don’t worry.’ Blaise said.
‘But I’ve found proof against Parkinson.’ Draco said.
‘Really? That’s great! That’s why she had to go to McGonagall.’ Blaise said.
‘Yeah.’ Draco said.
‘What are you going to do?’ Blaise asked.
‘I don’t know, I think I’m going to bed.’ Draco said.
‘Okay see ya tomorrow mate.’ Blaise said.
‘See you.’ Draco said and he walked towards the boys dormitory.
He changed his clothes and got ready to go to bed and laid down in it when he was ready. He packed the book that was laying on his night dresser. Hermione had once told him about it and gave him the book, but he hadn’t started in it yet. He looked at the cover.
‘Romeo and Juliette’ Was written on the cover.
He opened the book and started to read, just to get a bit distracted. He closed the book a few hours later. It was already in the middle of the night and his roommates were all already sleeping. Draco put the book back on his night dresser and laid down, pulling the blanket high up. He closed his eyes and fell asleep right away.

Draco opened his eyes and yawned. He got out of bed and got dressed. He went downstairs to the Great Hall and sat down next to Harry. He ate breakfast and talked with Ginny, Ron and Harry. Then the doors of the Great Hall opened and Pansy walked in. She looked at Draco and started walking towards him.
‘This is all your fault!’ She shouted.
She was wearing the clothes you had to wear in Azkaban and her hair was quite a mess.
‘No it was yours.’ Draco said calmly.
‘Oh yeah, if you hadn’t fallen in love with that mudblood, I wouldn’t look like this, wouldn’t feel like this.’ Pansy shouted.
‘You didn’t have to first tell my father a lie and then use the Cruciatus Curse on her.’ Draco said.
‘This isn’t over yet Draco Malfoy!’ Pansy shouted.
Then aurors walked in and took Pansy with them, though she was kicking around and swinging with her arms they managed to get her out of the Great Hall and the doors closed behind them. Everyone just went further with their breakfast and conversations as if nothing had just happened.
‘I’m going to Hermione.’ Draco said.
‘Okay, see you later.’ Ginny said smiling.
He said goodbye and went to St Mungo’s. When he arrived there he walked to Hermione’s new room. But when he came there she wasn’t there. Draco looked around the room and then calmly walked to a nurse that was standing in the hallway. She was probably moved again.
‘Excuse me, but do you know where Hermione Granger is?’ Draco asked.
The nurse turned around and looked at Draco before she nodded her head.
‘Yes just down the stairs.’ She said and she turned around again.
‘Er- okay thanks.’ Draco said and he walked through the hallway.
Draco walked down the stairs and ended up on the lowest floor that was there in St Mungo’s. There was a long hallway with on the end of it a door. Draco walked towards the door, but it looked like it took him more than an hour to get there. When he was almost in front of the door he could see that there were letters on the door. Draco went closer and saw the word that was written on the door. Shock came up on his face and his eyes became watery. He walked closer to the door and looked up at the letters.
‘Mortuary.’ He read.
He opened the door slowly and saw a bed  on the end of the room. He walked in and the door closed behind him without help from anyone. Draco walked towards the bed and saw when he was nearby that it was Hermione that was laying on the bed. There was no healthy colour left, she was all pale. Draco put his hand on her arms and he winched as he touched her skin, it was ice cold. Draco felt a tear on his cheek rolling down.
‘Hermione wake up.’ Draco cried.
‘Please Hermione wake up.’ Draco said hopelessly shaking her shoulders.
He could feel that Hermione was all stiff.
‘How long is she dead already? And why hasn’t anyone told me?’ Draco thought.
‘Why did no one on school now it? Harry, Ginny or Ron would’ve told me, just as McGonagall right?’ Draco said.
‘Yes otherwise she would’ve stopped me.’ Draco thought.
He looked down at Hermione and grabbed her hand tightly.
‘Hermione please wake up.’ Draco cried.
‘Granger wake up!’ Draco shouted.
‘You can’t leave me like this.’ Draco cried.
‘You can’t leave me alone! I need you Hermione!’ Draco cried.
‘Please wake up.’ He said softly.
‘You can’t be dead, I can’t live without you.’ Draco said softly with tears rolling over his cheeks.

A/N:

Oh my gosh they had almost lost the only proof :O Luckily there was Luna to save the day :p And what about Hermione? Did she just died? What will Draco do next?
Sorry Draco I'm in a kind of really, really, reeeeeeaaaaaally dramatic mood
Thank you for reading, voting and nice comments means a lot :)
I am so sorry, but I'm going on vacation for two weeks so I can't update
I promise I'll update right away when I finished the new chapter after I came back! Though it gives you some time to let this sick a bit in and get your theorie about this :p Not gonna tell anything about what is going to happen hahah
xxc