The Hunt for the Stones Begins

ACT II: Hunt for the Sankara Stones

The next morning, Indy, Shorty, Willie and the Warners climb up on an Elephant mount. "I was expecting horses," said Wakko, "But in a spot like this, an Elephant will do!" So, he and his Siblings Mounted up with Indy.

The Warners and Indy watched Willie struggle to get on her mount. "Willie," Said Indy. "Quit Monkeying Around on that thing!" And she finally Got on with a Little Help.

"Onward!" Indy said once she got on. "Wait a second!" Cried Willie. "Indy, I can't go to Delhi like this!" "We're Not Going to Delhi, doll!" Replied Indy. "Yeah!" Added Yakko. "We're going to Pankot Palace!" "Pankot?" Spluttered Willie. "I can't go to Pankot, I'm a singer! I need to call my Agent! Is there a phone anywhere? I need a Phone. "Sorry Willie," said Wakko. "This is Rural India, so no."

As the Cavalcade Departed the Village, The Elder Prayed for their Safety. Willie Sniffs the Elephant's Hide and was instantly Disgusted. She decided to pour some perfume on it. The Elephant groans. "Oh, quit Complaining," Willie scowled. "This is expensive Stuff." Short Round was more kind to his Elephant. "You come to America with me and we get jobs in the circus," he said. "You like America? You're my best friend."

Willie heard screeching and looks up towards the sky. "Whoa, those are big birds!" She chuckled. "Those aren't Big birds, sweetheart," replied Indy. "They're Giant Vampire Bats!" "Bats," Scoffed Willie as they pressed on.

Willie's Elephant moaned as they Pressed on because of her perfume. "Oh pipe down, you big baboon," she said to it. "This doesn't hurt! You know what you really need a Bath!" Without warning, the Elephant took in some water and sprayed Willie, knocking her off and she landed in a shallow pool.

SPLASH!

The Warners and Shorty laughed at the Singer's Misfortune. "Now that's what I call Karma!" Wakko said, laughing. "Hey Willie," called Yakko. "It looks like you're the one taking a 'Swim'!" He laughed and laughed. Shorty laughed as well. "Very Funny!" He said. "Funny, Funny! Hahaha! Funny, Funny! All wet!"

Willie was furious. "I was happy in Shanghai," she Whined. "Oh my gosh... My friends were rich and we went to parties all the time and limousines, and I HATE being Outside!" She began to hyperventilate and Cry. "I'm a Singer!" She wheezed. "I could lose my Voice!" The Warners looked at each other, and Wakko spoke up. "You are a sad and strange little girl," he said casually. "And you have my pity." Indy was more subtle. "I think we'll camp here for the night," he said to his guides.

So for the rest of the day, and through to that night, the Six helped to set up camp as Willie dried out her clothes. The Elephant was bothering her and she was having none of it. Meanwhile, Indy, the Boys and Dot were playing Poker.

"Alright," Said Yakko. "All bets are off!" "What have you got?" Asked Shorty. "Two Sixes," said Indy. "Two Pair," Said Wakko. "Deuces and Kings." "Two Pair," Said Yakko. "Threes and Aces." "Three Fours," Said Dot. "Ha!" Shorty laughed. "Three Aces! I win! I have all your money!" "Bollocks!" Exclaimed Wakko. "It's Poker, Shorty," Said Indy. "Anything can happen."

Willie got done hanging out her stuff. "How did you kids meet Indy?" She asked. "It's a long story," Replied Yakko. "Yeah," Added Wakko. "Long Story." "So," Willie Said, turning to Indy. "Where did you find your Uhh... little Bodyguard?" She asked.

"I didn't find him," Explained Indy. "I caught him." "What?" Asked Willie, seemingly confused. "Shorty's Family were killed when the Japanese bombed Shanghai," Indy went on. "He's been living on the streets since he was four. "I caught him trying to pick my pocket. Didn't I, Short Stuff?"

Willie felt something grab her. It was a bat and it screeched. Willie screamed loudly and ran back. "Biggest trouble with her is the noise," said Indy, as he showed his Cards to Shorty as Willie kept finding wild animals that made her Scream. "Hey! You cheat Dr. Jones!" Shouted Shorty. "You got a full house!" The two went on arguing until the Warners Broke them up.

Willie ran back to the camp. "Oh, this place is surrounded!" She quipped. "This place is crawling with living things!" "That's why they call it the 'Jungle', sweetheart!" Replied Yakko. "Oh my gosh," Willie Whined. "What else is out there?"

"Willie..." Indy pondered. He touched her and Willie screamed and sat on a Rock. "Willie, Willie. What is that?" He asked. "Is that short for Something?" "Willie is my professional name," retorted Willie. "'Indiana'." "Hey Lady!" Shouted Shorty. "You call him Dr. Jones!" "My Professional name," Indy said, and flipped Shorty a dime.

"So why are you dragging us off to this Deserted Palace?" Asked Willie. "Fortune And Glory?" "Fortune and Glory," said Shorty. Indy took something out of his pocket. It was the piece of paper the kid gave him in the village. The Warners gather around to listen.

"Well," Indy began. "This is a piece of an old Manuscript. This pictograph represents Sankara." Willie brushed off the elephant and took a look. "Gentle, Gentle," Indy told her. "This is hundreds of years old!" Willie looks at the text characters. "Is that some sort of writing?" She asked. "Yeah, It's Sanskrit." Replied Indy. Willie brushed off her Elephant. "Cut it out!" She demanded.

"It's part of the Legend of Sankara," Indy continued. "He climbs Mount Kalisa where he meets the Hindu deity, Shiva." "That's Shiva," Willie said pointing to the big person. "And he would be handing the priest..." "Rocks." Indy picked up. Willie brushed off her elephant again. "Stop it!" She scolded.

"He told him to go forth and combat evil," Indy went on. "And to help help him, he gave him five sacred stones with Magical Properties." "'Magic Rocks?'" Willie said. "My grandfather was a Magician. He spent his entire life with a rabbit in his pocket and pigeons up his sleeves, and he made a lot of children happy and died a very poor man. 'Magic rocks, Fortune and Glory,' Sweet Dreams Dr. Jones!"

Willie got up and started to walk away. "Where are you going?" Asked Indy. "I'd sleep closer for safety's Sake." "Dr. Jones," Willie said causally, "I'd be safer sleeping with a snake!" Then Yakko pointed to one slithering close to her neck. Willie though it was the elephant. "I said 'Cut it out!'" She yelled as she threw off the Snake and Indy Jumped. "I hate that elephant," she said to herself. "Only it wasn't the Elephant," Wakko said.

With that, the six went to sleep at their temporary Camp, looking to go to Pankot by the Next Day...

To be Continued...