The Battle on the Bridge

Previously on the Animaniacs' Adventures of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom...

Mola Ram and the thugs had poured over the reservoir, spilling out all the water to flood the tunnels. Back in the mines, our heroes' ride continues. "Alright, Brake!" Indy told Short Round. "What?" Asked Shorty for clarification. "Brake! Slow us down!" Replied Indy. "Okay!" Shorty called and pulled the brake. They had just begun to slow down when the lever of the brake suddenly snapped!

"Uh-Oh, Indy!" Shorty cried. "Big mistake, big mistake!" "Our brake is broken!" Dot cried. "Figures..." said Willie. Indy, thinking quickly, gets up and clambers to where the brake handle used to be and began using the bottom of his boot as a makeshift brake to slow them down. "We're going too fast!" Willie cried. "We're gonna crash!" Indy, however, used the makeshift brake of his shoe for just enough time as they reach the end of the track. He had done it!

Indy and the heroes shared a chuckle. But then, Indy noticed his shoe was burning because of all the heat from the braking. "Ahh!" He cried. "Water! Water!" "Oh, look!" Fire!" Willie cried. "You're on fire!" "More like your shoe's on fire!" Yakko clarified.

"Water! Water!" Indy cried again, and then he saw... All the rushing water that was flooding the tunnels! Indy gasped. "Water! Run! Come on!" "Right!" Wakko replied as the six heroes began to flee from the flood, unaware of the dangers that awaited them...

Now, back to where we left off!

Indy and our heroes ran from the rushing water, keeping ahead of it as much as they could. They then go right at a split path. They chuckle because they saw the light of day up ahead. However, the heroes weren't safe yet, as the rushing water filled this tunnel too! They fled towards the opening and clung onto the sides of a rock wall on the side of a gorge.

Suddenly, all the water gushed out of the Opening! The water pressure was so strong, that holes were starting to form in the wall as it began to collapse! Willie screamed as the Warners pulled her to safety

"Hold on!" Yakko exclaimed as Indy tried to regain his grip on the eroding Surface. He held onto the wall as the other five shimmied against the cliff, clinging onto the side.

"Head for the bridge!" Indy called. "Go! Now!" "Come on, Willie!" Shorty called. "This way!" She took his hand and the Warners followed as they slowly but surely scaled the cliff as Jones began to climb up it.

Soon, the group of Yakko, Wakko, Dot, Willie, and Shorty found the Bridge. The path was made of wood, and it was perched high above a ravine, and the only thing holding that old bridge up was broad, thick, but crude roping.

"Oh goodness," said Willie as she inspected the Bridge. She tried to run away but Shorty and the Warner Brothers held her back. "No time for that," said Dot, "we need to go!" "Come on!" Shorty called. "Let's go! Strong bridge! Look! Strong wood!"