A Daring Escape

The Story so far...

Dealings in a nightclub!

A chase for a Diamond and antidote... Almost gone wrong!

Our heroes make a desperate Escape!

Plane crash in the Himalayas!

Another "close shave"! Welcome to India, Heroes!

What's this? A magical stone taken away?! Jones senses Fame and fortune!

To Pankot we go!

A kid as the Maharajah? What in the world is going on?

An assassination attempt, but Jones survives!

A secret passage... that almost gets our heroes killed!

A secret Thuggee temple discovered! The Sankara Stones found!

Jones forced to drink! Now he's under the influence of the Evil thugs and leaving no hope for Short Round and the Warners!

But WAIT!!! The most fiendish and the amazing finale are yet to come!!!

Now, Back to where we left off!

That night in the temple, Shorty and the Warners are forced to work in the mines to dig for the last two Sankara Stones. "There has to be a way to get free," wandered Wakko.

Thinking quickly, Short Round, while no one was looking, began to damage his bonds with his digging tool. The Warners began doing the same.

Meanwhile, a Thuggee ceremony had just begun, with Mola Ram making a declaration, translated by Dr. Jones: "Kali Ma protects us," he said in a trance-like voice. "We give to her our loyalty with an offering of flesh... and blood."

Two thugs brought out Willie who was dressed in her outfit from the Dinner at Pankot. She was one being sacrificed, and Jones was in a trance, so he did not know this!

"Your friend has seen," Chatter Lal told him, "and she has heard. Now she will not talk." It was also clear that Chatter Lal was also under the influence of the Thuggee.

The cage was lowered to the ground level and the Thugs put Willie in there. "I'm not gonna have anything nice to say about this place when I get back!" She yelled. "Indy! For Pete's sake, tell me what's the matter with you!"

Ram approached The Frightened Singer as the Priest began speaking to the Pure Evil of Kali that he was subject to. Ram asked Indy to come towards Willie. "Indiana," she begged as Jones approached. "Help us..." Indy looked at her and Ram looked at Jones.

Meanwhile, Shorty and the Warners were making their desperate escape. They hadn't damaged their bonds good enough, so they kept striking them. All four knew that doing this would take time, and Time was on their side for now.

"Please snap out of it!" Willie cried to Jones as he approached her back in the temple. "You're not one of them! You're not one of them! Please... come back to us..."

Then, as if by some miracle, Shorty and the Warners broke their bonds. "We're free!" Yakko cried out. "Now let's get outta here!" Dot exclaimed. "I couldn't agree more, Sis," replied Wakko.