The Temple Of Doom

ACT III: THE TEMPLE OF DOOM

After their near-death experience in the Spikes Room, our heroes found themselves inside of some hidden catacombs. "I've never seen catacombs like these before," said Yakko as they went through the caves. Soon, they hear some distant chanting. "Sounds like chanting," Wakko said.

"This way," Dot called, as they walked through a narrow hall onto a balcony. The Balcony overlooked what looked to be like some sort of gathering, with a statue of a figure on the far end of the room, a pit of fire in the middle of the room, separating the people from the other side.

"What even is this?" Asked Yakko as the six watched the event unfold

"What even is this?" Asked Yakko as the six watched the event unfold. "It's a Thuggee ceremony," explained Dr. Jones. "They're worshipping Kali." "Have you ever seen anything like this?" Willie asked him. "Nobody's seen this for a hundred years." Clarified Indy.

Soon, some Drumbeats were heard, and a man wearing a black and red tunic and a crazy headpiece. This man was the mad high priest of the Thuggee Cult, Mola Ram.

Ram looked towards the Maharajah, which turned out to be the same Maharajah from Pankot Palace

Ram looked towards the Maharajah, which turned out to be the same Maharajah from Pankot Palace. Ram smirked devilishly as the ruler of the palace was secretly under his influence.

Just then, a man is heard shouting in Hindi, the native language of India. Fear was expressed on his face as a flower lace was wrapped around his neck, hanging over his chest. Ram approached the fearful man just after the latter was secured in an almost inescapable cage.

Ram began to give his offering to the evil deity the Thugs were worshipping. Just then, the man in the cage was lowered to his death into a firey river! Willie, Shorty, and the Warners screamed at this sudden turn of events, as the man was sacrificed. Captain Blumbert and the villagers were right. The Thuggee were nothing but merciless brutes.

Soon after, three priests loyal to Ram brought out and revealed three stones with three lines on them all. "The Sankara Stone!" Wakko said quietly as he saw it from afar. "Three of them," commented Dot.

The three priests put the stones in a shrine, and the thugs began to leave the room. "That's the Sankara Stone alright," said Yakko. "The rock they took from the village."