CHAPTER 7 LEAD UP

"Load it!"

"Ready!"

"Distance 1000 meters! Aim... fire!"

BOOM

"Nice."

We train hard for the tournament. The gunner plays a very important part in operating the Firefly. He had taken extra lessons with Assam.

Being in a flag battle. The most important thing is strategy. Even if we're outperformed or outnumbered by the opponent's tank, a good strategy can still bring victory. Which is the reason flag battle was made.

I had taken the time to do a lot of research on strategies. But in the end, it only comes into two things, discipline and flexibility.

It is now a practice match. I'm commanding the crusaders while Darjeeling commands the Matildas.

"Rosehip, go scout."

"Okay!"

It's the same location as before. I'm expecting her to advance with the Matildas as the Matilda is slow.

"They are advancing through the middle!"

"Can you encircle them?"

"I'll try."

I'm observing the battlefield from a concealed position. The Crusaders are encircling them, but they are not retreating? They stopped while shooting at the crusaders. They are distracted. I quickly took the opportunity.

"Aim at Churchill."

"I'm ready."

"... Fire!"

BOOM

Ting-pop

We won. After that we gathered in the hangar.

"Ara, congratulations."

"That was fun."

"I think now's the right time."

"Huh?"

"You have been promoted to second in command. Once again, congratulations."

"Really? Thanks."

Ever since that incident, I always come to the senshado club room on self study time.

"Y/N."

"Darjeeling."

"What are you doing?"

"Homeworks... "

I hug her from behind. It's an English homework.

"'Cactuses is supposed to be cacti.'"

"Ah, yeah. Y/N, how much did you get at last week's English exam?"

"98"

"I only got 76... "

"It wasn't that hard."

"That must be one of the reasons you managed to get here."

"Probably."

"Then... can you help me?"

"Of course."

"Y/N, I don't want to surprise you in the future. I have applied for a university in England. "

"That sounds nice."

"Aren't you mad I didn't tell you earlier?"

"I have told you before; I will support you, no matter what. To break it is against the code of chivalry."

"Said someone who had disobeyed their superior's order twice in a row."

"It turned out well didn't it."

I helped her finish her homework. It's almost time to go.

"Hey, do you want to go to a parfait place this Sunday?"

"Sure."

We went into the parfait place. It's located on the side of the ship. We can see the sea clearly from here. She ordered a strawberry flavoured parfait.

"I know I said i don't really want to talk about senshado during our date, but... "

"Hm... ?"

"I need to talk to you about our strategy. It's too rigid."

"I know. But... "

"But?"

"As you know we're a school of tradition. We need to maintain 'elegance'."

"Even if it costs a victory?"

"Yes. Move in unison, flow between formation and fire in synchronized volleys."

I guess I can't really do anything.

She adds "But I am trying to change it. Rosehip is contrary to elegance. She doesn't care about what people think of her. Something our school lacks."

"Is there anything I can do?"

"... Yes, be a moderator. Having been only here for a short time, you're not accustomed to our tradition. But you're not careless either."

"Of course."

The Firefly stands in an awkward position between infantry tanks and light tanks. I guess this is also what Darjeeling means by being a moderator.

"Ah, it's delicious!"

"This one too."

"Can I try yours?"

"Sure." As I push the glass closer to her.

"That's not it." She's pouting.

Does she mean, she wants me to feed her? Ever since that day, she's been more open to me. It's not that I hate it though.

"Aaaa... "

"Hmpf, thanks!" As she smiles.

It's afternoon now. I want to take her outside to see the sunset.

"Hey, do you know a place where we can see the sunset clearly?"

"Of course."

She took my hand. We went into a park located at the end of the school ship. It looks empty. I think we're the only one here.

We then sat at a bench. Looking at the sunset. She then leans into me. I put my hands around her. She then faced her head towards me. We kissed.

I hope I can bring her victory.