CHAPTER 15 AN OATH [END]

It's been a year since our engagement. I have left Japan for England to attend her graduation. Unfortunately her family couldn't come. So I'll have to cheer her up.

After I arrived at the airport, I took my luggage and went outside. I can see Darjeeling waiting for me.

"Hey!" As she smiles.

"Hello, I'm sorry your family couldn't come."

"It's alright. I already got you!"

We went to take a taxi to my hotel. I couldn't stay at her place as it is for females only. So she decided to stay at my hotel.

Today's the day of her graduation. I watched her from behind where the parents would sit. She got called up to the front to receive her diploma. She looks and smiles at me. We then took a picture together.

After that we went to eat at a place where they serve English breakfast.

"Mmm, it's more delicious than the one back in Japan!"

"Yeah... Y/N, how's the wedding planning going?"

"It is all well and ready to go. The only thing left is to decide a dress for you."

"Y/N... to think about it. You're doing way more work in this relationship than me..."

"I am. But you have to know that I did it because of you. When I feel down, you care for me, just the way I cared for you. Without you, I'll never be the way I am today. So, thank you."

She's blushing.

"Hey, do you want to try other food?"

"Sure, what food?"

"Jellied eel."

"Uhm, sure... "

We then ate some jellied eel, it was interesting to say the least. We went to look around London for a while until we had to get back to Japan.

Assam helped her pick her dress. The wedding will be held at the school ship. At first, I didn't like the idea, but Earl Grey insisted that it is a tradition for the members of the tea garden to have their marriage at the school ship.

And so the day has come. I'm in the school ship's church. It is summer now, but the breeze of the ocean and the trees make it cool. I have Toby as my bridesman and Assam as Darjeeling's bridesmaid.

I have been called to the altar, and now waiting for her. I can see her coming from the back.

"Y/N, will you take Darjeeling to be your wife? Will you love her, comfort her, honour and protect her, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

"I will."

"Darjeeling, will you take Y/N to be your husband? Will you love him, comfort him, honour and protect him, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I will."

And so the ritual continues. After it was completed, we went to the school's ballroom for the celebration. Darjeeling then took my hand and we went outside to the tea garden.

"Ah, the place where I proposed."

"Yeah, we've come a long way."

"And you're still as pretty as the first time I saw you."

"And you're still the same caring person as the first time I met you."

"Darj, I love you."

"I love you too."

We then kissed.

(The end.)