CHAPTER 9 WOUND MY HEART WITH A MONOTONOUS LANGUOR

It's the day after the confession. I have been informed that there's a package arrival. I quickly went out of bed. I met Darjeeling in front of the dormitory and headed to the hangar. She looks especially happy today.

There's not one, but four new tanks. As requested, it's the Centurion. It's armed with the same QF 76 MM 17 pounder gun on the firefly. But designed with intent to carry the gun and with overall better performance.

"Do you have the crew to man these tanks?"

"The reserves should be enough to do so."

"Then let's start the training shall we."

Before the semifinal, we have a 5 days break. We need to make the most out of this.

We have planned the line up. It will be divided into 3 platoons of 5. The third platoon which is the fire element consists of the Firefly and the 4 Centurion. The first platoon which is command and support element consist of the Churchill and 4 Matildas. And the second platoon which is the maneuver element consists of 5 crusaders.

5 days of training. I'm not sure of what the reserves can do. But I don't think I can really rely on them.

It's the night before the match. I'm in the senshado club room with Darjeeling. It's after we planned those stuff and right now she's opening a letter.

"Yay!"

"What is it?"

"I got accepted into the university!"

"Congratulations!"

"Mmpf... But I'll be away from you."

"It wouldn't be that long right?"

"I should be able to come back to Yokohama every semester."

"Then it should be fine. I'll be waiting for you."

She looks out the window.

"Tomorrow's the day."

"Are you nervous?"

"Yeah... I'm not sure of what the alumnae thinks about us getting 4 new tanks, but I can't think of anything good."

"Then a victory against Kuromorimine should convince them right?"

"I think so."

I hug her from behind.

"Then let's deliver them a victory."

(It is now the day of the match.)

It's just finished raining. The ground is wet and mushy. I should be able to use this as an advantage.

"Are you still nervous?"

"A little."

I give Darjeeling a kiss before we head to our tanks.

We greeted the opponent. Assam intel was right. 3 Tiger I, 5 Tiger II, 2 Panzer IV Ausf. F2, and 5 Panthers.

"Good luck and fair match!"

We then enter our tanks again. We to our starting areas respectively.

The loader poured me some tea.

BOOM

The flare has been shot up.

"All tanks, forward!" I heard Darjeeling from the com.

"Third platoon, forward!" I say.