CHAPTER 13 APART

It is the day of Darjeeling's departure. I went to pick her up in my car. She told me to wait outside her house. Yeah, I don't think I'm ready to meet her parents.

Her house is big. It almost seems like a mansion. I guess the rumours about her being rich were true.

She went outside carrying her luggage. I open the trunk and help her put it in. I drove her to the airport and accompanied her until her departure.

"See you in 6 months."

"Y/N, I love you."

"I love you too. Have a safe flight."

We hugged and kissed. She's going to board her plane. She smiles and waves to say goodbye. I smile and wave to her too.

I'm watching her plane taking off. Ah, hopefully I won't feel too lonely.

I went back to my house. This house is owned by my parents who used it as a sharehouse. But now I got all of it to me. I'm planning to invite Darjeeling to live together here in the future.

I went upstairs to sleep on my bed.

Time passes on. I'm doing quite well in university. I made some friends too. I meet Toby every month to keep our friendship going.

Darjeeling and I video call each other every night. We talked a lot and when we have nothing to talk about, we leave the video call on to enjoy each other's company. And when I feel down, she'd cheer me up and vice versa.

She always comes back every 6 months. We spend as much time together when that happens. I have met her parents and her little sister too. They seem nice, and Darjeeling thinks they like me.

It has now been 2 years of long distance relationship.

Next week is reunion day. Darjeeling said that she'll be able to go stay in Japan for a semester. And after that she'll only have to spend another semester in England before her graduation. I'm planning to propose to her in the time frame. I was planning to buy the ring today, but it was raining. So I just relax at home and enjoy a cup of tea.

*Knock knock knock*

Who could it be? I open the door. It's Earl Grey.

"Earl Grey-sama? What are you doing here?"

"I have come for some tea."

"You know Darjeeling hates it when you're near me."

"You're really going to let your senpai stand in the rain?"

"... Fine. Come inside."

I pour her a cup of tea.

"Ahh, whatever I do, I still couldn't make tea as good as you."

"Really?"

"Usually I tell Darjeeling to brew some for me. She taught you well."

"You really came back to Yokohama a week early for tea?"

"Sometimes all you need is a good cup of tea."

"... I get that."

(Noone's POV)

Without Earl Grey or Y/N knowing, Darjeeling also came back from England a week early. She really misses Y/N. She puts a lot of effort into her hair and outfit. Unfortunately it's raining. So she took a taxi from the airport.

She arrived at Y/N house. She knocked on the door. But something is odd, why is there a pair of female shoes? She tries hard to stay positive. She opens the door, it's unlocked. She looked around to find Y/N.

She took a peek at the living room. She was surprised to find Earl Grey kissing Y/N.

(Y/N POV)

"Thanks for the tea!"

"You're welcome."

I stand up to escort her outside. Then Earl Grey hugs me.

"Wha-?"

"I feel nostalgic."

She suddenly kissed me on the cheek. I quickly turned around. I saw Darjeeling. She's crying?

"Ah, it's not what it looks like."

She ran away.

(Noone's POV)

Darjeeling was hurt. She couldn't think straight. Tears were falling from her eyes. She's afraid. Afraid of being left alone. She couldn't bring herself to confront that possibility. So she ran.

"Darjeeling! Darjeeling!" Y/N screams.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Darjeeling screamed.

Y/N stopped.

(Y/N POV)

"Dammit... "

I need to make it up to her. I went back into the house.

"Uhh... I'm sorry. I'll explain to her."

"And why would she believe anything you say?"

"I'm her senpai." As she winks. And leave the house.

She acts way too calm. That makes me even more anxious.

I went to tell Toby what had happened. We decided to meet in a café tomorrow.