CHAPTER 14 A REQUEST

It is Sunday now. I went to meet Toby in the designated cafe.

When I arrived at the cafe, I took a deep breath and came in. I can see Toby sitting in a corner. He is with Assam. I went to take a seat.

Toby asks "How do you feel?"

"Bad... "

"I've spoken with Darjeeling." Said Assam.

"Really? What did she say?"

"Earl Grey has told her what really happened. She says she understood. But she said that she wanted to take a break before reaching out to you again."

"A... break?"

Maybe she was afraid? I know deep inside she has a low self esteem. I was reminded by one of the quotes she had told me "The way to love anything is to realise that it might be lost."

"Hey... even though you did nothing wrong. You should just try to apologize to her. What she knows only came from Earl Grey's words anyway."

"Yeah... "

"Cheer up mate, I'll support you."

"Thanks."

I then order coffee. We continue to chat for a while. I feel somewhat better than before, but it still feels bad.

"Guys... "

"Yeah?" Said Toby and Assam.

"I was planning to propose to her."

"Really? Have you bought a ring?" Said Toby.

"That's why I'm bringing it up now."

"Ah, let's go then." Said Assam.

We then proceed to go into a jewelry store. Assam helped me choose the ring. It's a simple ring with a diamond in the middle.

"But how am I going to propose to her?"

"Try to make it up to her, even if she ignores you, I'm sure she'll come into the reunion." Said Assam.

"How could you be so sure?"

"Tradition. Remember?"

After that we part ways. I drove back to my house. I tried to chat and call her. No response.

I guess she needed space...

It has now been a week since the incident. It's now the reunion day. It is held in the school's ballroom. I'm wearing a suit. Darjeeling is nowhere to be seen. We are halftime through the reunion dinner. I'm getting anxious. It's supposedly time for the ex overall commander of senshado to deliver her speech.

"May the ex overall commander of the St. Gloriana senshado team, come forward."

Then I can see a figure. She's wearing a long purple coloured formal dress with gloves and heels.

She delivers her speech. Just as perfect as the time of our graduation. She looks around the room. Our eyes meet. She quickly deviates her gaze. I can see uneasiness in her eyes.

After she has delivered her speech, she quickly goes backstage. Is she really mad at me? I need to chase her. I looked into Assam and Toby. They're both looking at me and then Toby says.

"Go get her!"

I nodded and quickly stood up from my seat. I ran backstage. She is nowhere to be seen. I open the backdoor leading to the tea garden. I can see her walking fast.

I run as fast as I can towards her.

"I love you!"

She stopped.

"I'm sorry... what has happened, it will not change the way I look at you. You are the only one I love. You are the only girl in my sight. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So please... stop ignoring me."

She then turned her face towards me.

"W-what do you mean by that?"

"Will you marry me?"

She then came closer to me while looking down. I can see her red face and teary eyes. She hugs me.

"I'm sorry... It's my fault for running away. It's embarrassing. I was just afraid that..."

"I understand."

"Y/n... ?"

She kisses me.

"Well then."

I go down on my knees again, while holding her hand. I then reached into my back pocket and opened the box. I took a deep breath and

"Will you marry me?"

... The silence feels like it's going forever.

"... YES!"

Hearing her answer. I'm filled with happiness. I'm putting the ring on her finger. I'm holding her in my hands. Our vision is filled with each other. I can see her smiling brightly. It makes me happy. Suddenly i can hear

*Clap clap clap*

*Whooooo!*

"Uhm.."

I just remembered, the ballroom has windows overlooking the tea garden. And I probably gathered attention when I sprinted out...

"Should we go somewhere more private?" Said Darjeeling.

"Yeah."

We then took off in my car. I texted Toby to not wait for me. We drive around the school ship.

"Ahh, it feels nostalgic." Said Darjeeling.

"But instead of tanks, it's an actual car."

"Fufu"

After looking around the school ship, we went back to my house.

"Where will you stay for these six months?"

"In my parents house."

"Will your parents be okay if you stay here?"

"What?"

"Well... I was planning on asking you to stay together. This seems like the right time."

"Hmm, they are quite supportive of our relationship. I'm sure they'll let me. Besides, we're already engaged."

"Hehe, that's true."

She then took my hands and we went to bed together.