1. Basically The Beginning

Darryl pulled the covers over his head as his alarm beeped obnoxiously.

He groaned, sitting upright. He was still tired from his late night studies for the semester.

All thanks to Zak.

Zak Ahmed, Darryl's best friend. He was failing in chemistry, so naturally Darryl got stuck with *cough, chose to, COUGH* help him study.

Speaking of Zak, Darryl was supposed to meet him at his house in 30 minutes!

"Crud!" Darryl yelped, hurriedly getting dressed and ready for school.

He finally finished and ran downstairs to his kitchen, ignoring the fact that his roommate, Cara, had already left.

After grabbing his breakfast, he sprinted out of the door to his car, the protein bar still in his teeth. He hopped in the car and turned the key, driving swiftly down the street on the way to Zak's house.

❤️✨💙

Zak glared out his window at the gloomy September weather.

"Where the hell is Bad?" He thought, huffing.

He only had one roommate, Vincent, who was busy doing online courses for his high school.

So Zak was bored. No one to talk to.

That was until he heard a car pull up to his driveway at the exact speed limit that was listed.

"Finally, he's here!" He verbalized, causing Vincent to glance up from his laptop on the couch.

Zak strode outside energetically, enjoying the look of annoyance, worry, and impatience on his friend's face.

"Bad!" He slid into the passenger's seat. "Long time no see!"

Darryl looked at him in confusion.

"It's been two days, Skeppy. And besides, you just called me Bad."

Zak smirked. "So? You called me Skeppy. I thought you liked that?"

Darryl's face flushed a pink color. "I do, it's just-" he paused. "Nevermind, muffinhead. We're gonna be late."

They drove in silence for the most part. But Zak, as usual, wanted attention.

"Baaaaad?" Zak jeered.

Darryl ignored him, keeping his eyes on the road.

Zak groaned quietly, but his friend's stubbornness only challenged him.

He tried several more times to snatch Darryl's attention, with no avail.

Finally, Zak became so annoyed that he grabbed Darryl's thigh, hoping to get him to glance at him in the least.

Instead, Darryl flinched and turned to him, blushing a bright shade of red.

Zak was worried for a moment, then realized he hadn't hurt him at all.

"You're ticklish?" He snickered, enjoying the look of embarrassment on Darryl's face.

"N-no." Darryl muttered, hoping that would stop Zak from inevitably making them crash.

Zak tried again and again, each time Darryl swatted his hand away.

It should have made Zak angry or annoyed, but secretly he loved the attention.

❤️✨💙

The bell rang just as Darryl threw himself onto his seat, Zak not far behind. As they were catching their breath, a student snickered from behind them.

Zak turned around to see Velvet giggling, one seat behind.

And, boy, Velvet was a handful, and a troublemaker, even for Zak.

"Why were you two late?" Velvet asked coyly. "Busy in the house again?"

Zak blushed in embarrassment and annoyance, understanding what he meant by that. Darryl was less aware of what that meant.

"No." Darryl responded, suspicious of Velvet. "We don't live together, and you know that."

Velvet snickered, his eyes lighting up.

"But don't you two sleep-"

"Shut up, Velvet. Class is starting."

Zak turned back and exhaled, glad he had saved them both from major awkwardness.

❤️✨💙