18

I felt warm and comfortable, almost cozy. Which doesn't just happen out here at camp. I could hear light snores very close to my ear and feel a strong arm gripping my waist. My eyes starting to open and adjust to waking up, I turned slightly only to be squeezed by the peaceful brunette beside me. I reached an arm up brushing some stray hairs away from his forehead as he slept. Looking out the slight netting of the tent window I could see they were probably going to be setting off the alarm for everyone soon. I moved only to be pulled back by a groaning boy protesting my movement. 

"Squid c'mon you have to let me get up I have to get ready" I whispered to the boy who continued to groan in protest. Getting a quick idea in my head I poked him in the ribs causing his arms to retract from being around me and let me go. Taking my chance I slipped out of his ever so comfortable grip walking over to my cot and grabbing the necessities for the day to be able to get ready before the boys woke up. 

I'm glad I woke up before all the other guys, thank god they didn't wake up to find me and Squid cuddled up, he would never hear the end of it from those boys, and heaven forbid Mom or Mr Sir walked by and happened to see the compromising position, I'd be kicked out for sure. Thinking this over, we would have to be more careful for the future of our stay here at camp Green Lake. Slipping on a simple singlet over my sports crop top and leaving my shorts on underneath the bright orange jumpsuit I was just slipping on my boots as the trumpets sounded, earning a resounding choir of groans to be heard all throughout the camp. I chuckled lightly walking past all the boys cots as they tossed and turned trying to get an extra five minutes in, as I walked past Squids cot he reached for me, narrowly missing as I giggled and dodged his attempts to keep me confined to his bed. Although that didn't sound all that bad. 

"C'mon boys rise and shine!" I yelled to them making them all groan again, as X and Zig started moving towards some promising movements of getting up and ready for the day. I made my way outside greeting Mom and getting a grunt of a hello from Mr Sir as I approached the breakfast stand, grabbing an apple for the day as usual. 

Walking over to the 'library' and being the first person there meant that I got to pick the best shovel, taking this wondrous opportunity to grab the shortest shovel, because why not finish earlier than I already do whilst digging. Boys starting dragging themselves over, rubbing their eyes and rubbing the backs of their necks in an attempt to wake up and face the day. Many approaching the library to grab their shovels, among which I saw X looking almost angry that he couldn't find the short shovel. 

"Someone's taken my damn shovel man!" he growled at some of the boys shoving his way past them and walking towards our group without noticing what I was holding, "Oh, you wouldn't mean this shovel would ya X" I said laughing at his expression I held it out to him in offering, "Nah you can have it Becs" he stated causing all the guys to look shocked, usually X would put up a fight for this shovel but maybe he knows better than to pick a fight with me over it. I laughed retracting my arm and my offer, shrugging my shoulders and beginning the trek to the dig site for the day. 

"So babe, cause you're already so fast at digging, how's about giving that shovel to someone who might need it" Squid said flirtatiously draping an arm over my shoulder, "Nice try 'babe' but that sweet talk ain't gonna work on me" I said laughing at his feeble attempt to get me to give him the shovel. In his damn dreams. I felt his arm slide down to my waist pulling me closer to him so I was flush against his side as we started to slow our walking, his mouth right next to my ear, feeling his breath on my neck giving me goosebumps, "You sure about that darlin' because I think you like my sweet talk" I swallowed hard, hearing him whisper in a devilish tone. What was this boy doing to me. Feeling a shiver run down my spine I jumped away from him with a giggle, "Good try, great even, but still... no" I giggled skipping away from him catching up with the other boys as we finally reached our destination. 

The day had begun and the holes were in full swing, the sun was rising and as I looked out at the horizon I began to think about the dream that Squid had of us one day living in a big house, with a pool. What if when he gets out of here he just forgets me and leaves me for someone else? But as I looked over and noticed him admiring the sunrise as well I knew that would never be the case. It was mid morning by the time I was done with my hole, jumping out and making my way past the boys to go back to camp.

"See that's why it's unfair she got that shovel man!" Squid complained to X from behind me, "See ya later boys enjoy the rest of your day" I shouted, blowing a kiss over my shoulder. 

Walking back into camp I saw some guys cleaning the Warden's car, it was heating up to be another hot day so the sun would dry the blue beauty nicely. I must admit the Wardens car was a steal worthy item, especially in a place filled with teenage delinquents, almost asking for it. As I kept watching the guys cleaning the car I ran into a hard chest, "Shit! Sorr-" I started, "Hey Liv, it's okay" Lake chuckled, steadying me. "You're done digging early" he assessed, I nodded my head, "Short shovel" to which I got an 'ah' and nod of understanding from the boy. 

I noticed Lakes hands were still on my arms holding me in place as I looked up making eye contact with him, his face was like stone as he leaned forward. Realising what was happening I quickly stepped back out of his grasp as his features hardened, "Becs!" I tell ya what I have never turned around so fast at my name being called in my life. Mr Sir was standing outside the office walking towards me now, "Yes Mr Sir?" I asked walking away from Lake. "Warden wants to meet ya" he stated pointing recklessly towards the big house structure near the nice car. I nodded making my way over there. What could the Warden possibly want with me? Was I in trouble? Ah shit, I thought as i made my way up the three steps to the porch to knock on the door.

________________________________________________________________________________

Well, well, well another chapter a year later, trust me I know I suck but life gets in the way especially these days with Covid-19.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, and if you're still reading this book thank you!

Don't forget to keep voting and commenting thoughts and ideas!