17

Oh shit. I turned to look at who was standing in the doorway, shoving Squid away from me who gripped onto my waist in protest. Squid barely noticed X, Armpit and Magnet standing in the doorway staring at us with amused looks etched onto their faces. Gripping onto my still as I finally huffed out, "Ugh Squid!" he jumped away eyebrows furrowed looking to the doorway as the boys stifled their laughs. "Oh shit uh..." he said running his hands through his now tangled locks.

"So I guess y'all are together now?" X said walking into the tent patting Squid on the shoulder who looked pleased with himself at the positive attention he was getting from the boys. "I knew it!" Armpit said lifting his arms in the air in a celebratory motion, making everyone gag and laugh at the boy as Magnet shoved his arms down for him. "So you two?" Magnet asked pointing between us. Squid crossed his arms over his chest looking pretty chuffed with himself, "Yeah ya know-" "Squid!" I smacked his arm, "What! we are!" he said turning towards me and stepping closer to me, "Aren't we?" his face softened. I swallowed looking into his beautifully gentle features.

"We are" I whispered back not breaking eye contact with the boy as a smile broke out on his face, Squid swiftly leaning down and pecking my cheek, making my face heat up as the boys in the tent cheered and coo'd. I rolled my eyes and walked over to my cot plopping down and leaning back watching the boys high five Squid and talk to him about 'When did this start', 'How did you manage to get her', I rolled my eyes watching the boys talk like girls at a sleepover party as the other boys finally returned to the tent before dinner. I watched a very exhausted Stanley walk in, which resulted in Squid coming over to my cot to sit with me putting my legs on his lap. He was clearly still on edge with Stanley around me after he kissed my cheek. 

It was dark and dinner was soon approaching when Stanley entered the tent, tiredly grabbing his shower necessities and running off to have a quick shower before dinner. I jumped off the bed as Zig returned with his tv knob, walking over and sitting next to him as he laid down on his cot. "Any news Zig?" His wide eyes found mine looking at me intensely, as I felt Squid watching me talk to Zig. "They're always watching! Ya gotta watch ya back always darlin'", "Always!" I jumped slightly, giggling at his paranoia about bots watching us at all times. Squid scoffed a scowl forming on his face. I looked at him furrowing my eyebrows as he rolled his eyes and engaged in conversation with the rest of the boys. I guess I would talk to him about it later.

The dinner bell signalled, meaning it was time to go to the mess hall to eat dinner. I walked with Zig as he explained the best way to not be watched by the Government to me. I laughed light-heartedly reassuring him there was nothing to be worried about. I was grabbed by my elbow out the front of the mess hall, to see an annoyed Squid.

"Why you gotta be all over Zig for?" he said quietly as more boys filed into the mess hall, I looked at him shocked, "I am not we are just friends!" I whisper yelled at him crossing my arms over my chest. "Squid, trust me I only want you" I whispered stepping closer to him, uncrossing my arms. His face softened. "I'm sorry baby I just get jealous" he whispered stepping closer to me placing his hands on my biceps, rubbing my arms. "C'mon let's go eat before all the food is gone" I said smiling gently up at him, turning to go into the mess hall. "Wait!" he said grabbing my forearm and turning me around quickly, one of his hands landing on my waist and the other finding my face. His lips met mine, gently caressing my own. He pulled away first, my eyes still shut savouring the sweet taste of his lips. "I love doing that" he drawled out in a whisper, chuckling slightly at my growing red face. "C'mon!" I laughed yanking him into the mess hall, where boys were lining up for food and the majority already eating and having loud conversations.

I grabbed dinner moving to sit at our table sliding in next to Zero as I Squid slid in very close to me. "Ya know Becs, Lake does not stop staring at you" Armpit said from across from me with a mouth full of food. Squid tensed next to me as I turned around to look behind me seeing Lake staring right at me with a smirk stuck on his face as he chewed politely, sending me a wink. I turned around to face the boys again shrugging my shoulders. "Better watch out for ya girlfriend there Squid, you got some competition!" X joked, Squid kicked him under the table making him laugh even more as he was clearly getting the reaction out of him that he wanted. I placed my hand on his thigh under the table which made his face relax but his body still tense. He leaned in to whisper in my ear, "Baby don't tease me at the table" my face flushed as I removed my hand quickly, the shocked look on my face not leaving as I continued to eat my dinner.

We were back in the tent eating some of my stashed lollies, the boys ratted me out to the rest of the tent meaning I had to share, but I didn't mind as it brought us all closer and made us have a good laugh, looking at Magnets face as the sour lolly touched his tongue, making his face squeeze in pleasurable pain. This then made Zig very questionable towards the sour lollies, which resulted in Armpit stating there was 'More for me!' in his words.

Mom soon yelled lights out and we all hid the lollies and settled into our cots. It was annoying not being able to just cuddle up to Squid and kiss him goodnight. I just don't want the boys being in our faces about it. And heaven forbid if Mom or Mr Sir found out. 

I had woken up from the dozing state I was in, needing to pee really bad. I seriously need to sort something out, maybe drink less water before bed. I slipped out of the tent and moved to the toilets. I made my way back to my tent but a hard chiseled chest stopped me from entering. I looked up seeing Squid, but I was pleased to see not tear stained cheeks, this time I saw a big smile on his face. "I had the best dream baby" he whispered snaking his arms around my waist and burying his head into my shoulder. I giggled lightly as his breath fanned over my neck. "What was it about?" I asked pulling away to look at him in the eyes, his hand cupping my cheek.

"It was you and me baby" he paused, "Not here, in a big house with a giant pool!" "We were so happy!" I smiled looking up at him, grabbing his face I slowly pulled his lips to mine, melting into his touch. His tanned skin was smooth under my touch, letting out a slight gasp as he gripped at my hips, allowing his tongue to carelessly glide into my mouth, moving in perfect motion. We slowly pulled away his forehead resting on mine as we caught our breath. 

"Stay with me tonight please?" he asked as he held my hand walking me into the tent, I nodded following him to his cot and sliding in next to him, his arm wrapping around the small of my waist his fingers grazing my skin lightly, bringing goosebumps to my skin even though the outside temperature was still warm. I found myself drifting off to sleep very peacefully tangled in the arms of the gorgeous southern beau. Let's just hope the boys don't make a big deal out of this in the morning.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!! I am so stoked to be back with another chapter, trying to bring more chapters more often!

Don't forget to vote, comment and read!

Do we trust Lake?

Do we like the development between Becs and Squid?