Chapter 1: Finding Bearings

Bell was now ready to face the lower world... at least he would have if Hades didn't stop him.

Hades: Wait, Bell!

Bell: Hmm?

Hades: Take this.

He hands Bell an envelope.

Hades: Give this to my brother Zeus. It will explain most questions he will likely ask you.

Bell: Anything else?

Hades: Nope, you can go now.

And now... Bell was ready to face the lower world. He stepped through the gate which was more of a staircase all the way up to the lower world. What he found shocked him.

Bell: Wow!

He found himself in a flat grassland. Just on the outskirts of a certain village.

Bell: This place is the same as Tartarus only not on fire, cool! Now, where's this Zeus person?

When he arrived he saw all the people in the village and asked a person something that was on his mind.

Bell: Excuse me, do you live here?

Villager: Why, yes I do.

Bell: What happened to your horns?

Villager: Uh kid, I'm a human.

Bell: Oh, so that's how humans look.

The man gave him a strange look before Bell asked him what he really came for.

Bell: Can you tell me if a person named Zeus is around here?

Villager: I think I would know a god when I see one. Sorry kid, never seen him here.

Bell: It's okay.

Bell left the man before he decided to try something.

Bell: (Let's see, if he's a god, then his soul should have the same feeling as grandpa.)

Bell has been familiar with using his reaper powers to feel people's souls. With this, he was able to differentiate between gods and mortals. This made it easy to tell that a god was indeed somewhere in the village. Bell stumbled on a small cabin and decided that the divine soul felt strongest there.

Bell: I guess this is the place.

Bell knocked on the door and an old man with white hair answered.

Bell: Sorry to disturb you, but I'm looking for a god named Zeus.

The old man looked at Bell like he found something he lost a long time ago.

Zeus: Bell?

Bell: How do you know my name?

Zeus: We've met before, you wouldn't remember because you were just a baby.

Bell: Ah, so you were the person who gave me to grandpa.

Zeus: That's right, I did that because a terrible monster is near this village and I'm using my powers to keep it asleep.

Bell: Is that so? Can i do anything to help?

Zeus: No, no. It's nothing you have to worry about boy. Let's just get you up to speed about the lower world.

And then Zeus and Bell spent 3 months together to where Bell saw the god as his second grandfather. Bell would learn many things about the lower world but was still ignorant to some common things like money and the weight of death.