Chapter 7: A Meeting With Old Friends

The next day, Loki took Finn and Bell to Ouranos to make a report on the monster they had encountered on the deeper levels. She gave the request to Royman, who was the guild head, and he lead them to where the chamber was. After climbing down some stairs, all three came face to face with the old god.

Loki: Yo.

Ouranos: Loki? What brings you here?

Loki: You see, my kinds found something of concern during their expedition. After telling me, I felt it was a good idea to let you in on what they found.

Ouranos: Very well, you may speak your mind.

The prum took that as his cue to walk forward.

Finn: Thank you. We encountered in in floor 60. Out of nowhere, the dungeon itself cried out before two monsters that we've never seen before appeared.

Ouranos: So, that was the disturbance I felt.

Finn: You knew about it?

Ouranos: In a way. I felt something wrong in the dungeon. It was something I haven't felt in some time.

Finn: I see, well, the monsters we found we're even more powerful. It tossed us around like nothing. They were made of bones and were fast for their size. Not only that, but they could also reflect magic.

The old god heard this and mentally confirmed that it was almost exactly the same monster that wiped out another familia years ago.

Ouranos: After hearing that, it's good to know everyone made it out safe.

Finn: It's all thanks to him. He beat them effortlessly, and by himself.

Bell gave the god a smile as shock appeared in his eyes.

Ouranos: I see, so what is your name boy?

Bell: It's Bell, sir.

Loki: My Bell is a special child. It's safe to tell you that he was raised by old Hades himself.

Ouranos: Oh, so he's the boy that he was talking about.

Bell: You know Grandpa?

Ouranos: I do. He spoke of a young child he was tasked with raising last we talked. I just wasnt aware that child was you. So, what are your plans? You could easily be the savior of this world, but I won't rush you to a choice.

Bell: Well, I was told to just enjoy living in this world like I was supposed to. I'm not sure how he's going to feel about me being some kind of savior. I haven't even been here that long.

Loki: Can't exactly ask that much of you. That would be in bad taste.

Finn: I agree.

Bell: It's fine, I'll just go ask him.

Loki: Wait, you'll wha-

She never got a chance to finish before Bell began to open a gate to Tartarus in that room. Bell cut his hand to spill some blood into a circle before chanting in a language no one understood. Unholy magic was felt throughout the entire room and soon black spots began to appear on the floor before it turned into a bubbling pool of black liquid that Bell walked down into. Everyone in the room just stared with wide eyes before Bell came back up a few minutes later with said god next to him.

 Everyone in the room just stared with wide eyes before Bell came back up a few minutes later with said god next to him

Hades: Bell, it's good to see you doing well, but I'm a busy god. You can't just-

He stopped when he saw the other three staring at them in shock.

Hades: *Sigh*

Bell: Okay, he's here!

Loki: Bell, you can't just casually open a gate to Hell like that.

Bell just tilted his head and looked at her.

Bell: Then how am I supposed to get to him? I can't just call him, he's too busy to pay attention.

Ouranos: Let's leave that for another time. So, good to see you in person Hades.

Hades: A pleasure to see you as well, Ouranos. So, Bell tells me you want to ask me something?

Ouranos: Yes, well you see, the lower world is in desperate need of a hero to save it. Monster escaped from the dungeon many years ago and caused havoc all over the world. Two have been dealt with, but the last one wiped out one of the last options we've had.

Hades: (I guess that's why there were so many heroes coming through that day.)

Ouranos: Seeing as Bell is very gifted in combat, I've come to ask for your permission in having him help bring g peace to this world.

Hades thought for a bit before giving his answer.

Hades: Personally, I have no preference. Bell is old enough to choose for himself. He was from this world to begin with, so if he wishes to save it, that is his choice to make.

They turned to the boy who was now thinking about what to do.

Bell: Well, I haven't spent much time here, but I do like this place. I've also made a lot of friends to, so I should do what I can for them. I'll help you guys with this monster.

All three sighed in relief.

Loki: Thanks, kid.

Finn: It's reassuring to know we have you standing with us.

Hades: If that's everything, I should be heading back. Those souls won't process themselves.

Ouranos: Of course, it was nice speaking with you again.

Hades smiled and waved goodbye to his friend before making his was back down, but he suddenly stopped and turned to Bell.

Hades: I almost forgot, remember to cleanse this ground after closing the gate. The magic from opening the gate isn't healthy for most living beings since they aren't accustomed to it.

Bell: Ok.

Hades left and Bell closed the gate as well as cleansing the ground he used to open it. The three bid the old god farewell and made their way back home.

Loki: Sweet, the lower world is as good as saved!

Finn: Didn't you say Bell could handle the last monster all by himself? What are we going to do?

Bell: You could tell me the details of this monster. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

Finn: We should give everyone the update on this situation first.

Loki: Yeah, we'll be waiting for you in your office.

Finn nodded as he and Bell went to round up the executives of the Familia. A few short minutes, and everyone was there.

Finn: Alright, we've given the report to Lord Ouranos. Now, we have something far more important to discuss.

Gareth: And that is?

Loki and Finn smiled before looking at Bell.

Finn: Bell here decided he's going to save this world.

All of them had wide eyes before erupting into cheers.

Tione: So, he's going to take on the last Great Quest?!

Tiona: Aw yeah!!

Bete: That monster stands no chance!

Ais herself was ecstatic hearing that the monster that ruined her life would finally be dealt with. They all got together and rushed to find any information about the monster as they could. True peace was so close they could almost taste it. As for Bell, he was wondering why everyone was being so loud. They could beat the monster themselves if they just worked harder. Sadly, this wasn't Tartarus, and things didn't work that way here. Only time would tell what would become of the lower world now.

AN: That's another down. To any who wonder why some stories take longer to update than others, all of my stories are ideas I've had in the past year. Stories that have more parts are the ones I've put more thought into. As for this one, it isn't the most serious, but I'm trying to balance it out.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next one.