Chapter 5: Preparation for the Dive

It was near noon and everyone was getting ready for lunch. Bell was in the dining room when he saw Ais and Tiona limping towards his table.

Bell: Morning sleepy heads.

Ais: ... It wasn't from being tired...

Tiona: Just a little sore fro- Owowow!

They had a hard time moving around from the training they did yesterday. Their bodies were nearly broken and as with Tiona, most movements hurt like hell.

Bell: Didn't Miss Riveria heal you guys?

Ais: I don't think so, but we did pass out when we got back inside.

Bell grabbed something from his pocket. It was two vials of a strange blue liquid.

Bell: Here, this should help.

Ais hesitated at first but eventually drank while Tiona nearly took the vial with her. The effects were fast. Their bodies trembled a little before stopping and when they realized it next, the pain was gone.

Tiona: Wow, it doesn't hurt anymore.

Ais: What was that?

Bell: A special blend that helps with healing. I learned to make it from my teacher and it helps with training.

Tiona: So we can pretty much train that hard then drink those to feel like new?

Bell: That's the idea.

Ais nodded in understanding before smiling a little.

Ais: I should get an update from Loki soon. Tiona, we should see how much we improved from that.

The two left to find Loki while Bell went to take care of something else. While this was going on, something else was brewing right beneath them.

Knossos

Evilus Grunt A: Lord Thanatos, we have an urgent report.

The two arrived back to their lair to find Thanatos alone, likely planning their next moves. He saw them and turned.

Thanatos: Hmm? What could be the matter?

Olivas: I will tell you.

Thanatos: Olivas, your back already?

Olivas: There was a complication.

Thanatos: Well, go on.

Olivas: We came from floor 17 and found an adventurer we had never seen before. He looked like a fresh rookie as well as a young child, but he toyed with the goliath like it was some kind of joke. The monster even tried running away but the child killed him effortlessly.

The God of Death looked puzzled. He knew that what they spoke was true so now the problem was how to deal with this boy.

Thanatos: Well, what do you think of him?

Olivas: He already seems highly dangerous. I could feel my instincts telling me to run. More importantly, we have no information on him so we should just observe for now.

Back at Twilight Manor

It was late into the afternoon and Finn gathered everyone in the dining hall. He had first introduced Bell to everyone in the familia. They took the boy well overall, the women thought the rabbit was cute. Bete thought he looked weak but his best instinct told a different story.

Bete: (The brat ain't weak at least, that's good.)

He smirked a bit before Finn continued. 

Finn: Now, let's move on to the next topic. We have confirmed that we will embark on another expedition in around two months. I want everyone to spend more time in the dungeon to get stronger and acquire funds for this dive. As for who will be going, everyone  but the executives and the few I have selected will remain on floor 50. We have business to take care of in the deep levels so while we handle that, I would like you all to collect as many drops as possible to sell when we return. This expedition will be highly costly as we have hired many Smith's from the Hephaestus familia. That will be all for now, I will brief once more when the expedition draws near so until then, do whatever you need in order to prepare.

Everyone: YES CAPTAIN!!!

With that, everyone left feeling excited for another dive. Bell was about to go as well before Finn had called him. He heard his captain and went to see what he wanted.

Bell: Need something, sir?

Finn: I do actually, I heard about the training Ais and Tiona did and would like you to train all the executives like that.

Bell: Really?

Tiona: Yeah really! Ais and I went up like 10 points in a single day.

Gareth: She's right, that kind of growth is impressive for a single session of training so how about it. Want to give the rest of us a hand?

Bell: ... Well, if you think you can handle it...

Two and a half hours later...

All the executives could be seen on the ground, nearly lifeless. Bell had put them through the same hell he put Ais and Tiona the day before. Finn was on his back feeling his whole body throb with pain. Gareth was huffing on his knees while Bete was out cold. Tiona and Tione were trying to support each other while Ais supported herself with her sword. Riveria was on the ground trying to push herself back up. Bell had more training gear with him and had used that for them. After training, he had to remove them as they didn't have the strength to do it themselves anymore.

Finn: I-I can see why Tiona tried to warn us.

Tione: How the hell did you two even do this?

She turned to her sister who had a ghost of herself escaping her mouth.

Tiona: Oh you know... we pushed through till the end.

Riveria: I'm a mage, why did you make me do this.

Bell: Why not, everyone could use exercise. What I don't understand is why you can't fight with a weapon while casting magic.

Tione: Well she's a mage, why would she be in the front fighting?

Ais: That job is what magic swordsmen are for but doing that is very difficult.

Riveria: If you don't concentrate completely on your spell then you will wind up hurting yourself.

Bell: I see, well then we'll just have to fix that. Anyway, I can tell you all can handle this so we'll be doing this everyday until the expedition arrives.

They all shuddered as their escape from hell disappeared when the gates closed on them.

AN: Yeah, sorry about this one. Classes are slowly taking up more and more time. Just another note, don't expect fluid updates between stories. I really just write and update which one I feel like so it's pretty much random. Anyway, looks like Finn bit off more than he could chew but at least this will help when they go to the deep floors in two months.

As always, I hope you enjoyed and I will see you in the next story.