Chapter 2: Conflict

Sometime earlier when Bell was at the gates...

Freya was doing her usual thing which was watching for any promising souls. But as usual, she turned up nothing.

Freya: It's all so boring. It's been centuries and I've still not found my Odr. When will he show himself?

She was sitting in her room with Ottarl behind her as she gazed outside her window. She had a lost look until she found a certain rabbit.

Freya: What is that?

She saw his soul, or lack thereof. As a Grand Reaper, he gained resistances to the powers of gods including charms, toxins and divine mirrors. This would mean that Bell could not be spied on by other gods allowing him to live freely without the worry of his privacy being disturbed.

Freya: That boy has no soul? That can't be right.

Ottarl: What do you want to do about him?

Freya: Investigate him. He doesn't look dangerous at first glance but who knows, he could be a boost for the familia.

Ottarl: It will be done.

Time passed and morning came. Bell began looking for familias to join, but was repeatedly turned down.

Filler God A: You look weak.

Filler God B: Get lost, we don't need a weakling here.

Filler Goddess A: Comeback when you're level 2.

Bell: What's wrong with my looks? They never even gave me a chance.

Five minutes later...

Bell: I guess I'll do this one last for today.

He came upon the gates of Twilight Manor. At the front was a short black haired human and a grey haired werewolf. Bell went up to them to ask for a place in their familia.

Bell: Excuse me, I'd like to join your familia please?

Bete: Huuuh? Wait, it's you!

Raul: You know this boy?

Bete: Your that kid who vanished back at the Hostess last night!

Bell: Vanished?

Bete: Yeah, there one moment and gone the next.

Raul: What are we waiting for?! I'll get the captain to test him. You bring him to the training area.

Bete: Brat, with me.

Bell: Okay.

As they made their way there, Bell admired the size of the manor. It looked nearly as big as the castle back at home.

The two made it and stood around while they waited for the Loki captain. The wait wasn't long as a short, blonde prum arrived with a dwarf and an elf along with the goddess Loki.

Loki: So this kid's tryna join?

Raul: That's right, goddess.

Loki took a good look at Bell. She could tell at first glance the boy was more than he let on.

Bell: Hello goddess, my name is Bell Cranel and I'd like to join your familia.

She'd never felt this from anyone in all her time in both heaven and the lower world. She inquired about from Bell before anything else.

Loki: Before anything, I want to know what you are. I find it hard to believe you're human.

Riveria: What do you mean?