Chapter 3: A Glimpse of Power

Orario was in uproar about what happened yesterday. A first class was completely trounced by a fresh rookie. Vana Freya had lost to a newbie from the Loki familia. Everyone was at the gates of Twilight Manor to ask about the boy. The guards were having a hard time trying to keep them out. The boy, he was currently inside the library with Riveria. She was teaching the boy about the lower world as there were still some things he didn't quite understand.

Bell: So this "Black Dragon" has been terrorizing mankind for millennia?

Riveria: That's right, the world is still waiting for a hero to defeat it.

Bell: That's what I don't get. Why does it have to be a hero?

Riveria: That's just how it works. Only a hero is strong enough to beat it.

Bell: But if I heard right, that dragon can't be much stronger than High Miasma Crawlers and those things can get strong.

Riveria: Well, Tartarus isn't meant for the living so it's only right that there are stronger creatures there.

Bell: Yeah but compared to others there somewhere below the middle at best.

Riveria remained composed, but her inner self was screaming at how ridiculous this boy was.

Riveria: (Just how strong is he?)

With class done, Bell went out to explore the city. He came to the square near Babel and looked at some of the food stalls. Bell still had plenty of money on him so he went to try them all out. Some winners were meat kabobs and those potato snacks he had earlier. Things were fine until he heard a scream. He went to see what was wrong when he saw a couple. One woman was crying over a man on the ground who had a sword stuck in him. There were Ganesha familia members holding another person down on the ground.

Ganesha Member A: Don't try to fight!

Woman: NOOOO! PLEASE HOLD ON!

She was crying out as her husband bled out. Some went to see but the wound was too severe and there were no healers nearby. The man passed away leaving the poor woman to wail. As this happened, Bell observed the circumstances.

Bell: From what I could see, this was an accident so there should be no problem.

He walked up to the body and looked to it's right where the woman was. Everyone looked at the bou who looked like he was looking at a ghost. What they didn't know was that they were right. Bell was communicating with the man's soul. He told him that he could bring him back to which the man agreed.

Woman: What are you doing?

Bell: Just wait, I promise to be quick.

Bell raised his hand forward as a sparkling orb formed in his hand. He then closed it and absorbed the orb. Bell then pointed his index and middle finger towards the body as a dark beam of energy came out of his hand. Those who saw this tried to stop him but the pressure they felt made them freeze. Bell had trouble covering his pressure when he was working so some of it leaked out causing many to either shake uncontrollably or faint. After 40 seconds, the man's wound closed and his eyes opened.

Man: What the? Am I alive?

Woman: HONEY! YOU'RE ALIVE!

Bell let them have their touching reunion but eventually had to interrupt to give them important information.

Bell: Sir, since I had to resurrect you and repair your body, you will have to take it easy for a few days.

Man: Why? I feel fine.

Bell: Well I had to re anchor your soul to your body. If you do something overly strenuous then the bindings could break and your soul will leak out and leave your body behind.