Two-Faced

Jason had found Talia easily once he left the cave, pitting off to change in his Red Hood uniform and then heading straight to the league. He'd always know where the Lazarus Pit was, even if it wasn't their base of operations anymore. And she was there, sat as if she was waiting. 

"Just the person I needed," She said as she stood from the fountain she was perched on and came over to him, "I figured it would either be you or Damian to actually have the sense to come here. Or at least the hope to."

"What do you know about Nya?" Jason asked, straight to the point.

If he could take down Dick's villian, maybe he could feel like a part of him was still with him. Afterall, Slade was the person that knew Dick best, second only to Jason himself.

"She's been selling secrets," Talia said, "She has a client tonight, thought I didn't notice her sneaking away but I have her contact's name. Michal Mcglynn. She's tracked, just make sure she doesn't notice you and dispatch of her."

"I'm not here to do you a favour," Jason replied as he took the tracker from her anyway to see the assassin moving through Gotham on foot.

"If you're going after her anyway what harm is it to you to kill her? She's an assassin is she not? Is it not your sworn duty to protect the people from those like her?" She said, "And it's not like you're not dressed for the job. Tell Bruce if he needs to contact me we had a child together, I'm almost obligated to pick up."

"How'd you know one of us would come down?" Jason called after her and she turned back to face him, a knowing smile on her face.

"We had been keeping an eye on Deathstroke's new friend after we found Nya hiding the secret," She said, "One of you was bound to find interest and want to know more."

"So why did you assume we'd come and not message?" Jason pushed.

"Because you're old school," She said, "And no one ever messages from the computer," And with that she dropped  down the sewer grate and away into the night.

Jason had what he had come for at least, and the knowledge that Talia wasn't so knowing as to know the Batcompter was down. He looked back down at the tracker to see her still moving through the city. She wasn't too far from him, but he needed to catch her up if he wanted to get any chance of getting her before she got to the meeting, and who knows, maybe the secret she was sharing was worth a listen in on.

------------

He had just gotten to the scene in time to see the assassin coming to her feet, gun pointed at her and her own sword abandoned. And in front of her, he thought at first he was seeing things when he saw the familiar bird logo but instead of blue it was a deep orange. He could have sworn the person in front of him was Dick, but he knew better. Maybe it was a design to make the heroes more hesitant towards them, it would work if he hadn't had time to look at the image and work up the hate at whoever was trying to be this underhanded. He couldn't see who it was properly as the now standing assassin was in the way. And then with a shot she collapsed back to the floor, clean, efficient. He watched as the man moved, his face in shadow, but he moved so familiar. Jason couldn't help the twinge in his heart as he thought of Dick again. He tried to adjust his position to see if he could get a better look at the man but the gravel from the rooftop shifted under his feet and some fell to the ground with a small patter. 

And the other man had noticed.

Jason quickly, and silently this time, moved off the gravel and onto the adjoining rooftop behind the chimney as the man moved his finger back over the trigger. He had been trained well, not letting the sound go. Reminded Jason of all the times Bruce has trained them to stay on alert to any sound, even a Rat could be an enemy in Gotham. But this was Jason's chance to take down the bastard in the costume. Jason had worked with guns long enough to know that the first reaction when it's in hand is to fire, so as he ran at the man he leapt into a spinning kick as the killer turned and kicked the weapon from his hand, sending it scattering over the gravel. He didn't even give them a chance as he extended his other leg, sending the man sprawling over into the light next to Nya's body, as Jason came to land in a crouch.