Training And Body Disposal

Dick had quickly made himself at home at their new base, slipping back into routine with Slade and since they'd moved they were further from the Bats, but close enough to Gotham to be able to still get the news. And the news had held Dick's attention when it was reported that Jason Todd had been involved in an accident that had left him in hospital. Everything was hush hush, but Dick still had the screen on all the time in case something was reported.

He didn't want to, he didn't know why he did. He didn't care about Todd anymore. Why should he after all that's happened? But for some reason he couldn't turn it off, no matter how long he sat with his finger poised over the button he couldn't, just in case. Wintergreen had come in to see him, talk to him about it. He'd promised not to tell Slade the reason it was on, as far as Slade knew it was only on so he could keep updated on the Bats position.

"Richard, I have something for you," Slade called as he appeared in the doorway.

"What is it?" He said as he threw the remote to the side again, ignoring the report on the recent robbery at the Shirley Diamond Store.

"Come and see, I think you'll like it," He said as he walked off.

Dick followed him out of his room and along the new hallways to the equipment store. He had only recently been given access to the store after Slade was confident he was up to par with being able to use every single weapon. And when Slade said up to par, he meant able to last more than ten minutes in a fight against him, if not defeat him, which Dick had only been able to do with the daggers, they'd almost become his speciality. He followed Slade to the back of the room where the wardrobe stood with all the armour in, but there was a new one on the front.

"This is for you," He indicated the new suit, "The sizes should all be correct but if not Wintergreen can edit it for you."

Dick looked closer at the suit, it looked like it should fit. And it also was a step into his new life. Similar to Slade's own in colour scheme with the Orange and Black but still it's own statement as it was in the design of the Nightwing suit. The new Nightwing.

"If you don't want to keep the design we can change it as you want," Slade started but Dick cut him off.

"No, I love it," He said, "I want them to know it's me as they die."

"It's Kevlar weave with a breathable base and we've got belts and wrist straps to hold your weapons," Slade explained, "You're first contract is coming up soon and I figured you'd want to break it in before you go out in the field."

"First contract?"

"Don't worry, I've made sure everything you've got is connected to the Bats. But the opening for the kill isn't for another month yet, they're currently abroad," Slade continued, "Your target will be Kieron Hygates, currently working-"

"As the intern to Fox, I know who he is," Dick said, "I didn't realise he was in on the secret though. Then again, I didn't know a lot of things back then."

"Fox has sent him to gather new supplies for the new car he's making for Batman," Slade said, "Apparently it's not quite fast enough. The plan is to intercept him and steal the parts before he gets to Fox. It's going to be a short window, but I wouldn't send you if I didn't think you could do it."

Dick just smiled, he was finally going to put a stop to the monster that was Batman. He was going to make the world better.

------------

Jason had only woken up for a few agonising minutes before the doctors had put him back under, and this time when he woke up he didn't feel the pain. The first thing he did was reach for his phone to check the date, but it took him only a second longer to see he wasn't in his room but in a hospital. The blast must have been worse than he thought.