They Meet Again

Jason didn't know what he was going to do with the apartment as he sat there that afternoon, everything moved back in. He had transferred over the money to Paulina earlier. What he needed was a shower and a change of clothes. So that's what he did, having to put on some of Dick's old stuff since he didn't have any left there. And no longer was he dressed before there was a knock at his door. He padded through the apartment and opened up to see Steph and Tim there.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as Steph handed him the flowers she was holding.

"Housewarming," She pushed past him into the flat as a reluctant Tim was dragged along and Jason closed the door behind them, "I thought you might have come here. I was right."

"How did you know?" Jason asked as he placed the flowers on the coffee table.

"He's been announced dead, and landlords are evil," Steph said as if it was obvious.

"Deathstroke has a new helper," Tim said as the pair took a seat on the sofa and Jason sat in the armchair opposite, "And apparently they know who we all are. Bruce, Cass and Damian are looking into it now."

"So not only does he come back from the dead, he's got another little him running around?" Jason asked, "Dick would have known what to do. Deathstroke was his guy," He saw Tim's eyes snag on the ring around his neck and then back to him, "2 years. He was going to propose."

"I know," Tim said and Jason held back his shock, "Steph told me all about how she found out, not something I needed to know."

"Sorry?" She shrugged but Jason didn't care.

"It's cool, doesn't matter who knows now, it's not like we ever will get married," Jason said, "Anyone want a drink? I know a good pub down the road."

He watched as they thought it over for a bit and then agreed and the trio headed out to the pub, maybe if he stayed drunk forever it wouldn't hurt as much.

------------

Cass watched as Rā's denied everything Bruce and Damian accused them of. He didn't know she was there of course, he thought it was just Batman and Robin, she was hidden above his cell. The final line that would be used to break him to tell them everything. And it was looking more and more like it was going to be used.

"I heard about a death in the family," Rā's said after the third time Bruce had asked, "Must be hard on you all. Only wish I had been the one to drive the blade home."

Cass knew what Bruce was going to do before he had even done it. Rā's pinned against the wall, Damian just behind him with his Katana unsheathed and at the immortal mans throat.

"You do not get to talk about him grandfather," Damian hissed, "If you do not wish to give us the information we want then you can rot here until you die."

"You know my assassin's will break me out before that," He said, not the least bit intimidated by the vigilantes.

"Not if there is nothing left of you to break out," Bruce ground out, "Now, give us a straight answer this time, did you let slip our identities?" The man just smirked and Bruce pushed him back into the wall, hard, "Maybe Talia will know something."

Rā's didn't respond again as Batman and Robin left him alone in the cell with Black Bat. The demon's head sat back down on his bed, bringing one hand up to the back of his head to feel the injury. It had effected him more than he let on, he was losing strength after having been away from the pit for so long.

She dropped down in front of him and he stood back up to look down at her.

"Black Bat," He greeted, "How nice of you to drop in. What can I do for you?"