Trust

It had been a week since the recon, since the endless training had stopped and become more humane. And Dick was feeling all the better for it. He found himself thinking back to that time on the rooftop with Jason as he lay in bed after a couple hours in the ring with Slade. He was going to be heading out again tomorrow to complete a hit to take attention away from the main hit. Slade was taking the contract on Dinah. Dick wasn't sure if he was glad for it or not. Not after what he'd discovered last week. He felt under his pillow, his hand closing around the ring. By some stroke of luck Slade hadn't discovered it yet, likely cause Wintergreen didn't try to redo his bed if he'd already made it. 

Jason hadn't been in that chamber with him. Psimon had, that was the only way he would have believed that. Which likely meant that none of the other leaguers had been under there either. But that didn't mean that the league weren't wrong. They could have prevented so many deaths if they had just killed who they fought against. But Slade had been being so nice to him, he hadn't been anything like he had been in the past, maybe he had come close when he had got distracted on mission but that was for his own good. And after he had already forced them to flee their first base he wasn't surprised, there was only so many contingencies you could have. He hadn't turned on the news since Slade had told him to turn it off, but surely one night wouldn't hurt.

He flicked it over to the channel, it wasn't a story on them no surprise, but he liked the noise being back in the background. Maybe, maybe he could talk to them again. No, not them. Jason, just Jason. The others could be lying to him. But he could sense the rawness with Jason. But how would he get the message out. He knew how, but it would be a risk. Slade hadn't given him his own method of communication for the fear that this would happen. Or had he just been trying to shut him off from them so that there was no chance of him discovering the truth? He left the T.V on as he slipped on a pair of trainers and slipped the ring into the pocket of his joggers. He listened to the other side of the door before he cracked it open and snuck down the hallway to the computer room.

He almost felt like a child going behind his dad's back to sneak out to the latest party. It was strange how the task felt so mundane yet it could potentially be a breakaway from him being brainwashed to hate his family. God, why did everything in his life have to be so god-damn dramatic?

He got into the computer room without being noticed and logged in without issue. The first thing he noticed was that Slade had been working his way through all the information in the Batcomputer's files. His first interest having been Dick's own folder it had seemed. His skills, his relationships, his therapy files. He wasn't sure if he felt more betrayed by Bruce for having them and not telling him or at Slade for having read through them and not telling him they were there. He moved past it though as he went into the call menu and put in Jason's number. His finger hovered over the call button for a moment before it moved away. He couldn't do that, but he could send a message. He moved over to live chat and typed in his message, hitting send and immediately deleting it from Slade's system.

He moved back through the compound and into his room, turning the volume of the news down and putting the ring back under his pillow as he fell to sleep, a phantom of a smile on his face. 

-------------

Psimon's body had been burned and sent off with a prayer almost a week ago but Jason swore he could still smell it. Whatever had been done that made Psimon that way made him not burn like a normal person, made the small hang in the air wherever Jason went. Or maybe that was just guilt from not being able to stop him from falling into Deathstrokes trap, because no one deserved to be at the mercy of that man.

He moved away from the computer where he had been slowly moving everything over from the Clocktower back into the Cave systems, it was a start at least and he had nothing else to do apart from worry about Dick at the moment, when he heard his phone buzz.