Nightwing Is Killed

Dick and Slade were driven home by Wintergreen, after Dick had found Psimon in another room holding Slade hostage. It had been a shock to Dick's system, but he looked away as Psimon was impaled on the end of Slade's sword and the glamour on the person he had saved erased itself to be Lewis Dayton, he could only say the other had been Amelia. And he'd go out on a limb to say that Lewis was dead when he didn't react at all to his saving. Amelia must have had to hang there with his corpse, Dick shivered at the thought. Wintergreen drove Slade and Dick back to their hideout. And Dick wasn't long alone in his room when Slade came in.

"Hey there, how you doing?" He asked as he caught Dick's attention leant against the door frame.

"Better now that you're okay," He replied honestly, "To think, not even 3 months ago I wished you had stayed dead."

"I was never actually dead you know," He explained, "I just convinced you I was. And then convinced you not to tell them I wasn't. Good thing you did listen to me."

"Well the argument of if I tell anyone you'll make sure they don't live to inform higher authorities was convincing," Dick said, "Though now I wish I had let you kill them."

"Kill is an awfully harsh word for someone brought up as you were," Slade picked up on the change of Dick's thoughts quickly, trying not to let the fact it had been so easy show on his face, "Are you sure you wish them dead?"

"As dead as dead can be," Dick replied, "Slade, would you train me? To kill them? I want to do it myself, I want them to know they're not fooling anyone anymore."

"Of course," Slade couldn't quite keep the smirk from his face this time, "We start tomorrow."

------------

Jason woke back up with a pounding head and fuzzy memory of how he had gotten there. He pulled his phone from his pocket to check the time to see he had a missed call from an unknown number. Probably someone at work checking where he was. Or it could be Dick.

He dashed the thought from his head, of course it wasn't going to be Dick. He called it back anyway, waiting for a couple rings before it went to voicemail.

"If you're serious call back later, if not, you better pray I never find you," Jason didn't listen to the automated voice tell him to leave a message as he quickly hung up.

That wasn't work. And it wasn't anyone he knew. He quickly picked himself off the floor, trying to ignore the stiffness of his muscles as he headed to the kerb to call a taxi and head to the Manor.

It wasn't long until he was back at the manor and frantically knocking on the door, he'd lost his key somewhere last night. It was Alfred that answered.

"Master Todd, what brings you here this morning?" He asked as he stepped inside.

"I might have a lead on Dick," Jason said continuing through the the Batcave, Alfred following.

Alfred didn't say anything else, just picked up the pace as they headed down to see Bruce and Damian sat the computer.

"Bruce, I need you to take a voice through a scan for me," Jason said as he handed him the phone, "Call this number, it's the voicemail voice."

"Why do you need me to do this?" He asked as he looked down at the number.

"It might be a lead on Dick," Jason explained, "I have a missed call from them, and I don't know them the message sounded like a threat. It's worth a shot isn't it?"

"Of course it is," Damian cut in, "Hurry up Father."

He started the message, recording the voice, and then sent it through the database. It was only five minutes, which Jason used to drink a glass of water and eat some toast to stop the hangover that was slowly creeping up on him, when the result come through.