Chapter 4: Learning Curve

Los Angeles was a busy city, that was a well-known fact. With a large population that consisted of some of the most famous people around and people that were trying to reach that point of fame, there were almost little to no limits in LA.

With such a large population, business of different kinds were to be expected. Consumerism always seemed to thrive among large groups of people and LA was a prime example of that. Shops, restaurants and offices littered this thriving city and one place to find all three would be the mall.

Sharon sat on a small couch within a clothing store that was one of the many stores in the mall. She sat in front of the changing rooms, looking through Kevin's phone for any more information, unfortunately not finding anything of value from the search.

Sharon rolled her eyes and switched off the phone, tossing it back into her purse and looking at the curtain to the changing room with a frustrated look.

"We don't have all day you know." Sharon informed.

"I apologize for the fact that I struggle to put on pants that were designed to explicitly fit a pair of twigs!" Sage exclaimed sarcastically.

Sharon rolled her eyes once more "They're just skinny jeans, they won't kill you."

"Sure feels like they will!" Sage retorted.

"Yeah, well, deal with it." Sharon said with an uncaring shrug "Now come out or I leave without you."

Sage scoffed "You wouldn't do that."

Sharon dangled the car keys for Sage to hear "Try me."

"Alright, fine. Just give me some time to maneuver these damn things." Sage said as sounds of heels clacking on the tiles could be heard approaching.

Sage finally revealed herself as she barely walked through the curtain, still holding onto the wall for support to not fall over.

Sharon smirked with an impressed look as she looked over Sage's new outfit. She now wore a green leather jacket with black flame designs on the sleeves, a purple crop top that was high enough to showcase some of her abs, a gold belt, black skinny jeans and black heels.

"Wow, you clean up nice." Sharon comments.

"Well. The proper way of saying it is that I clean up well-" Sage said trying to walk but she started to fall over and let out a shout but Sharon had luckily caught her.

"Can't act like you have the high ground when you can easily fall off it." Sharon says to her and Sage just gives her a glare as Sharon helps her sit down; Sage beginning to take off the heels "And what's with the abs? You're the last person I'd expect with a toned body."

"Side effects of where I grew up, having a strong body and mind is key for survival." Sage states, tossing away the heels.

"You sound like my instructor." Sharon said with an eye roll, sitting by her and looking at the heels as Sage wiggled her toes "Heels are a no go, how about sneakers?"

"Anything that allows me to feel my feet is acceptable." Sage said as Sharon stood up and picked up a purple sneaker showcased by them.

She went over to one of the retail workers and requested a pair that would fit Sage and she hurried over to the back to fetch them.

As Sharon did this, Sage looked out to the mall and was amazed to see so many people congregating in such a large building for the purpose of procuring items, it was truly a wondrous sight for her. She spotted a showcase happening in the middle of the mall with some people gathering to behold the sight and what was being showcased was surprising to say the least.