Chapter 9: Fiction Into Reality

"Why is it that all the women in my life always seem to manage to point a gun at me?" Sage asked, absolutely unbothered by Maria's serious gaze or the loaded gun aimed at her, "I mean if I had a nickel for every time this has happened, I'd have two. Which isn't very much, but it is strange that this has happened twice."

"Enough, Sage." Maria stated, "This isn't a game. I mean, you have to realize the significance of this entire situation right?"

"I do, and I also recognize that ironically, you don't." Sage stated.

"Really?" Maria asked, "How about you enlighten me then?"

"In due time, Deputy Director." Sage stated as she held her left arm out to the chaotic nightclub.

A bright blue light lit up from the burning top floor and out from the guzzling smoke flew Sage's Phase Chamber. It shot out from the building and zipped its way down the building at blinding speeds, doing a sharp curve before it hit the ground and landing in Sage's hand once she caught it.

"That thing still works?" Maria asked in surprise as Sage placed the Phase Chamber back onto her shoulder guard.

"Of course," Sage said as she started walking past her, but Maria stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Didn't I just tell you not to move?" Maria asked.

Sage turned her head to face her, both noticing how close they were to each other. Maria, although she hid it quite well, was flustered by how close they were to each other and the same could be said about Sage. While Maria knew these were feelings she had been trying to hide, Sage found them, like everything she discovered, interesting.

Sage smirked, "You weren't going to shoot me."

"You sure about that?" Maria asked.

Sage looked down at Maria's hand and she held onto it, causing Maria to stiffen at the touch. Sage leaned closer to her with a brief glance at her lips then back to her eyes, her smirk growing from seeing the effect she had on Maria.

"10 billion percent~" Sage whispered, sending shivers running down Maria's spine.

Sage moved Maria's hand away as she continued to walk past her towards a truck that slowly approached and stopped in front of Sage.

"Our ride's here." Sage announced, snapping Maria out of her trance. She turned around to see Sage leaning against the truck with a smirk and quirked eyebrow, "You coming?"

Maria widened her eyes at the sight of the truck. While it did seem familiar from the last time she'd seen it, the changes were quite significant.

The Peterbilt truck that Sage had taken ownership of sported a fresh coat of paint with a dark blue base and red flames traveling along the front along with the back. It was bigger than she had last seen it and an interesting symbol was embedded on the front of the truck.

 It was bigger than she had last seen it and an interesting symbol was embedded on the front of the truck