Chapter 7: Dr. Stone

"Our target's name is Seth Verdona, more commonly known as Raw." Maria spoke, debriefing the group of agents in front of her while projecting images of Raw, "We tracked him down and found his current location to be a small auto repair shop at the lower end of Los Angeles."

Meanwhile, Sage and Sharon stood at the back behind the group of agents, watching as Maria debriefed them.

"Does she do this often?" Sage asked.

"Do what?" Sharon asked quietly.

"This." Sage said, motioning to the group "Command with such confidence?"

"Well, she's basically the head honcho of S.H.I.E.L.D. after Director Fury." Sharon said.

"She seems like an all work, no play, type of person." Sage said.

"That's eerily accurate. Maria is always busy with something; I'm surprised she keeps it all together with the amount of shit she has to deal with." Sharon said with a light chuckle, then she turned to look at Sage, "Why the sudden interest?"

Sage continued to stare at Maria and when Maria made eye contact with her, she narrowed her eyes and looked away, continuing to debrief the team.

Sage smirked "I find her intriguing."

"Gear up and stand by in the jeeps, understood?" Maria asked.

"Yes, ma'am." The group of agents responded.

"Good." Maria said, turning the projector off "I'll meet you guys there."

The group of agents left the room as Sharon and Sage moved from the wall they were standing by and approached Maria.

"Do me a favor and don't start talking during my debriefs." Maria stated "It's really undermining."

"I'm sorry, but Sage was the one that started talking to me." Sharon said.

"I was simply curious and enquired to Sharon about you. It's not my fault she started singing your praises." Sage said.

"I was?" Sharon asked in surprise.

"She was?" Maria asked with a raised brow.

"Yes, she was." Sage responded.

"No, that's a lie." Sharon said with a nervous smile to Maria, "All I said was that you're always busy with something, that's all."

"And that was all I needed to know to get a gauge on you." Sage added.

"A gauge on me huh?" Maria asked and Sage nodded, she folded her arms with a stern expression, "Then let's hear it, I'm sure you're not afraid to say what you think about me to my face."

Sage sighed "Well, you seem to be very hardworking, you not only have the position of being Nick Fury's second in command, but you garnered enough respect amongst your fellow agents to earn it, you hold up this cold and intimidating exterior, but judging by how Sharon spoke so highly of you, I can tell you're a kinder person than you'd like to admit and you're attractive, not in a conventional sense, because you don't seem to care for it, which only speaks volumes on your character and adds to your attractiveness."

Sage's whole spiel left them dumfounded, Sharon even having her jaw dropped. Sage looked between the two women and smiled in amusement at their surprised faces, wondering if her whole analysis was that far off.

"I'm assuming I got a few things right at least?" Sage asked, snapping them out of their surprise and Maria cleared her throat, straightening herself up.

"A few." Maria agreed, but in fact, Sage was right on the money. This complete stranger had managed to analyze and correctly determine a lot about her through mere observations and a single interaction between each other.