Chapter 22

Talia p.o.v

Dinner wasn't too bad apart from the fact that I had to sit with a brunch of vampires and watch them drink blood from goblets even tho they did put other food out. Ice told me the food was safe but I did get creeped out when it was time for dessert for me it was Salted chocolate and caramel tarts which I took back to my room while they sank their teeth in a human girl I tried to stop them but they didn't listen to me and Victor ordered Aleister to go back to my room. Once I am in my room and I shut the door I go over to the window so I can sit down on it once again this time I eat my sweet treat watching the snowfall onto the ground. At least the food tastes good here and it's not poisoned by Victor or his vampires, Jasmine soon comes in just as I finish the tart and put the plate on the floor.

Jasmine - are you ok?

Talia - not teally, tell me that human girl how did she come to be here?

Jasmine - sometimes the vampires raid the human shelters and prisons for food. That girl was from the shelter sometimes there are forced others who want to die so their offer themselves.

Talia - which was she? Forced or offered?

Jasmine - from what I heard she offered herself.

Talia - but why?

Jasmine - orphaned at a young age, on the street must of her life and suicidal.

Talia - oh that's so sad.

Jasmine - yeah it is.

Just then my door opens and in walks the asshole himself.

Talia - Victor what do you want?

He doesn't answer me but looks at Jasmine which causes me to become defensive of her and stand in front of her.

Talia - she's under my protection Victor and you swore she was not to be harmed again.

Victor - Jasmine leave I need a moment with my mate.

God, I wish he would stop calling me that I am not his mate she looks to me with a worried look so but we both know I have a spell on me so he can't touch me with my consent. I give Jasmine a small nod she hesitates but then bows her head slightly and walked out of the room after she leaves Victor shuts the door and locks it. I am a little timid as he approaches me then he stops just in front of me what he says shocks me a little.

Victor - I want to apologise for what happened at dinner.

Talia - wait what?

Did the Vampire King just apologise?

Victor - I am sorry that you had to see that tonight.

I raise an eyebrow this had to be a trap.

Talia - who are you and what have you done with the evil, destructive, hateful and vicious Victor Fox?

His eyes shine red before he closed them clinging his fists in anger, ok I might have gone a bit too far with that I just can't stand him Victor turns so his back is to me.

Victor - I was trying to be nice but now you don't deserve it.

Before I could do anything he slips around and his hand connects with my cheek a downside to the spell is that it only protects below my chest so he can't touch my breasts or below I quickly put my hand on my sore cheek.

Talia - I see his back.

Victor - what did I say would if you were a bad girl?

Once again I am pinned against the wall with my hands above my head he buries his face into my neck I can hear him as he inhales my scent once again I then shiver with disgust as he gives my neck a kiss where John's mark will soon go.

Talia - you son of a bitch.....

His hand starts to trail down my arm I try to struggle out of his grip but it's no good he goes to touch my breast but luckily thanks to the spell of protection it gives him a little electric shock in response pulls his hand away.

Victor - I see a spell of protection is cast on your chest and lower body.

He leans in closer to whisper in my ear.

Victor - no matter you will soon bare my mark as my mate and future queen and one day you will bare my child in your womb.

He kisses my cheek.

Victor - one way or other.

That did it Ice couldn't take anymore and took control of my body she managed to get our legs up and kick him in the gut causes him to stumble backwards, ice bares our teeth at him and charges forward and goes to grab him but he's too quick and throws me over his shoulder onto the bard floor, we are quick to recover as we deliver A swift kick to his inner thigh.

Victor - fuck....bitch you will pay for that.

Using his speed and before I could do anything he grabs my hair and delivers kick after kick to my face and body. why isn't the spell working? He picks me up by my throat and throws me onto the bed I go to try to crawl away but he roughly grabs my wrist and handcuffs me to the bedpost then does the same to my other wrist I feel so weak not sure if it is due to the silver choker or the beating but I don't feel so good.

Victor - I tried to do this the nice way but now you have left me no choice you will stay like this till tomorrow night by that time I'd expect you to be more well behaved, maybe a day without food or water and tomorrow night I will be marking you whether you like it or not

It was the last thing I heard before I passed out I don't like this or the way he said "I will be marking you whether you like it or not" or I will carrying his child I would die before that happens I must escape before tomorrow night.