Chapter 28

Talia p.o.v

For a whole week, we have been setting up preparations for the battle yet to come, Of course, dad had to tell everyone the truth mates had to say goodbye to each other as well as their pups but for the safety of the pack we have sent the mothers with pups and those who can't fight to our ally packs around the territory, the training has got even tougher and the patrols have increased by double. It was hard for the warriors having to see their mates and pups leave most have them think they won't see them again which might happen but dad has told us that we can't give in to fear and that they will see them again. The plan is we won't have the battle near the packhouse but out on the plain field where we will have the advantage of cover thanks to the tree line and we have a few traps waiting for when Fabian goes show up.

What surprised us all was when Aleister and Selena made a vow to help us in this fight as he the tribrid trio and of course Dante is been a wanker about it but as Alpha dad soon shuts him up again. This morning we are training hard once again and I am also surprised that Jasmine is standing with Morgan working on her powers now that we are both free from the silver chokers that Victor put on us we are now back up to our full strength, she even comes on runs though the territory with me and the others her wolf is called Midnight who is very playful but is also a fierce fighter.

Midnight - Jasmines wolf

However, she is still avoiding Axel like the plague which isn't stilling well with him so I am gonna talk with her before I talk to John about another thing. We have our scouts keeping an eye out for Fabian and his army from what Morgan has seen he will arrive on the longest night of winter. After some training I call Jasmine over in response she comes over to me.

Jasmine - everything ok talia?

Talia - shouldn't I be asking you that?

She gets a confused look on her face.

Jasmine - what do you mean by that?

Talia - I mean I think I know the answer but why are you avoiding Axel like he has the plague or something?

Jasmine turns away from me as she answers me as she gulps.

Jasmine - he's my mate.

Talia - so I was right but then why?

Jasmine - Talia why would he want someone as damaged and ruined as me?

What?!

Talia - Jas what are you talking about?

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

Jasmine - Jas?

Talia - what? it's cute, so?

Jasmine - I was in Victors sex dungeon for a year before you came along I have lost count of how many times I was raped and beaten, I don't feel good enough for him or anyone for that matter. I don't feel like I am worthy of........