0.90 In Which He Probably Won't Survive The Night

DISCLAIMER: I Don't own Teen Wolf

This was the second time Ellie Argent and Scott McCall were forced to endure an Argent Family meal under the watchful stares of her aunt and uncle - only this time it was about a thousand times more deadly.

Last time, she'd known nothing about werewolves and her aunt Kate had been alive. Now, she was sat opposite Scott, not next to him, and beside her Aunt Victoria. Allison to the side of Ellie's boyfriend, and Gerard and Chris were at each of the ends.

Everyone ate in dead silence; the only noise ricocheting through the room was the ominous scratching of knives against plates and food swirling through mouths. Scott looked at his girlfriend with wide eyes, feet tapping almost silently against the floor in a nervous habit Ellie had never noticed before.

The dining room was still as dark and foreboding as it had always been. The werewolf made a point not to stare at anything or anyone in the room for too long, instead flicking his eyes between the floor, and the walls, and the table everything that didn't glare back (like Chris and Victoria had been doing non-stop since he set foot in the room).

Chris Argent, with his grey hair and terrifying eyes, seemed to be staring tight into his soul. Beside him, Allison was picking at her food, sharing extended glances with Ellie, who was unhealthily pale.

"Alright," said Gerard, swiping at his mouth with a cloth. Suspiciously, the experienced hunter seemed to have been the only one at ease with situations. "Why is everyone so quiet?"

Why wouldn't everyone be quiet? Ellie had to cross her legs to stop herself from sprinting out of the room and running out of the room.

"Is it that uncomfortable that they dated?" Gerard continued, frowning through a mouthful of vegetables.

Ellie's uncle sniffed. "Did you ask them if they'd be uncomfortable?"

Of course he hadn't. Ellie and Scott had stared at him in, stupefied, before Scott shook his head madly. Gerard gave the werewolf a coaxing, supposed-to-be-charming smile and repeated the question. It became entirely clear that refusing wasn't an option, leaving the teenagers to pile into the old man's car and ride to the Argent residence.

"Okay, know it's been a few centuries since I was a teenager," Gerard smiled chillingly (and, seriously, was that supposed to be funny?). "But, even back then, we dated and broke up all the time."

"We're fine," Ellie replied. "It's not uncomfortable" - lie - "and we're totally fine. Right, Scott?"

Scott smiled softly. "Of course. I could never be uncomfortable around you."

"...Then why did you break up?" Gerard asked inquisitively, shovelling a fork-full of peas in his mouth. "If you're so happy to be around each other, I mean?"

"Uh," Ellie floundered for something to say, eyebrows crinkling together.

Allison scrunched up her face in thought, but Scott seemed to be reasonable okay with taking the reins. "She, um, she dumped me."

The short brunette coughed madly, choking on her food. "What?!"

Everyone on the table turned between the couple, warning in the eyes of Chris and Victoria, panic in Allison's, and something not unlike amusement in Gerard's.

"No offense, Scott," Chris broke in. "But I think Ellie maybe thought you were just... growing apart."

"Because your opinion isn't biased?" the old man scoffed. "How do you know they weren't as passionate as Romeo and Juliet?"

"Romeo and Juliet committed ritual suicide," Ellie's uncle said blandly.

Flinching, she swung her head around to him. "Funny, you didn't seem to have a problem with that when it was my parents that died."