2.40 Epilogue

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Allison Argent had learned at an early age that she preferred boys with mischievous smiles and brown eyes. It began with a childhood crush on Tommy Whiler, at the age of nine year old. He was small, shorter than her (though, honestly, most boys of that age were), with short blonde hair and dark, chocolate irises. He had given her a half-crushed daisy on valentine's day during the fourth grade, and she'd been in love with him for seven months after. They never 'went out', as kids used to call it, but they kissed under the basketball hoop for a dare, so they were pretty much married until she left town with her family.

Yes, her weakness was boys with those specific attributes, all of which Stiles Stilinski had. When Allison first saw him, he was wearing a Captain America t-shirt and staring blankly out of the school window. They weren't introduced to each other until her cousin, Ellie, pointed him out as her new boyfriend Scott's best friend.

For a while, things seemed to have been positive between them, and she could almost believe he liked her as much as she liked him. However, sometime around November she was told that Stiles was in love with Lydia Martin, her new best friend. There was a sort of bitterness in her then, especially when she was around Ellie.

Her cousin had nothing to do with the Stilinski boy's inability to have feelings for her, but something about the way she looked with Scott – happy, like the sun was shining only for them and the birds were chirping and life was perfect – made Allison so inexplicably angry. Sure, Ellie had just lost her parents, but at that moment she was so happy, and Allison just wanted it. She wanted a relationship like that, with a boy just as kind.

The opportunity came three days after Ellie and Scott's breakup. The shorter brunette was heartbroken, listening to Taylor Swift on repeat (which really wasn't that much of an anomaly, considering her love for the artist) and crying at The Notebook (when she'd never done so before). Scott, though, seemed to be more mad then upset. He would scowl at Jackson when he spoke to Ellie, clench his hands on the desk in front of him during math... he was in a bad place. Allison, to this day, was unable to completely recall how exactly they ended up in Coach Finstock's office during lunch, alone together.

Their kisses were rough and searing, nothing like the loving ones Allison desired, the ones she'd seen the boy share with Ellie on a number of occasions. An unfamiliar feeling bubbled in her stomach, harsh and cold and enough to make her pull away from him.

For a moment, they were frozen. Scott wasn't looking at her, staring in a horrified sort of stupor over her shoulder. It was so wrong, what she'd just done. She was Ellie's cousin, but they were really more like sisters. They were so close, and kissing Scott was such as awful thing to do to the other girl. Allison fled the room quickly, face red, and crashed into Stiles.

"Allison," he'd said in surprise, a little smiling tilting on his lips. Seeing him made the situation more real.

"Stiles," she replied, voice thick. "Hi."

"Hi," he repeated, cheeks tinting pink. "So, um, how are you? It's been a while since we talked."

"Yeah, it, uh, it has," Allison nodded slowly. "I'm fine, I just – I kind of need to get to class right now. You mind if we talk later?"

The interaction had sparked anew her hopeless crush on the boy, and Ellie seemed to notice. As revenge for the kissing-incident, Ellie used the fact the Lydia had also made out with Scott (two hours after Allison, with an experience just as terrible; it was obvious that he had no intention of really feeling anything toward anyone but Ellie) to convince the strawberry blonde to go to the Winter Formal with Stiles.

Seeing her crush dancing with the girl he'd been in love with for, like, ever, was about as encouraging as a pep-talk from Mr Harris (meaning: not at all). Allison watched the pair sadly, figuring she was destined to be miserable for the rest of her life.

After the death of her aunt, Allison felt the crush wither and die. Stiles was an extension of Scott, and Scott, though she knew the werewolf was a good person, he still wasn't someone she wanted to have a conversation with. It bewildered her that Ellie could still date a boy so involved with Kate's death.

She agreed to work with them against Gerard and the kanima, until the death of her mother. With the passing of Victoria Argent came the passing of any patience Allison had toward the group of teenagers. For the most part, Ellie seemed to agree with her, though they both decided that hurting Scott wasn't necessary.

Then Ellie switched sides, and Allison lay crumpled on the floor, unable to move because of an inconveniently placed pool of paralytic venom she just-so-happened to land in, as Gerard revealed his true intentions. Things suddenly seemed so wrong again, like that revolting kiss with Scott, and she was left to re-evaluate her beliefs – again.

So, that leads to now, sat quietly in her room, next to Stiles, and wondering what to say. "Are you going to talk?" he asked eventually, frowning.

"Yes," she replied. "Yes, I am, and what I'm going to say is, uh, that I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" Stiles squinted his eyes, "For what exactly?"

"For everything that happened last year," Allison said softly. "I really liked you, Stiles."

"You... What?"

"I used to have a huge crush on you, and I thought that you had a crush on me too."

"I..."

"I know you didn't. You were in love with Lydia – you are in love with Lydia – and when I found out, I got angry, and I did some stupid stuff."

"Like kissing Scott?"

"Yeah."

"... I'm sorry, too."

"For what?"

"For leading you on," his eyebrows scrunched together. "I did like you, Allison. I don't really understand it. I love Lydia, I still do, but I know that... I know that there's no chance of that happening, especially with Jackson on the scene. You're pretty, and funny, and smart, and I should like you, but..."

"But you don't," she finished.

"No," he sighed, ran a hand down his face. "I don't like you like that, not really. My feelings are everywhere. There's you, there's Lydia, there's freaking Derek Hale..."

"Derek Hale?"

"Yeah, don't... don't ask."

They were silent, looking away from each other. "I'm glad that we, um, had this talk."

"It was a long time coming," he agreed.

"Well..." Allison stood, offering an uncomfortable smile. "I'll walk you to the door."

Together, they walked to the hallway, stopping at the sight of Ellie and Scott. The two were standing just outside of her room, little smiles on their faces. For the first time, Allison felt genuinely happy for her cousin, knowing that Ellie had a real shot at making things go far in the future with Scott.

"Goodbye, Allison," Stiles said.

"Goodbye, Stiles," she replied.

And, thankfully, all was finally well.

a/n
so this is the epilogue. It's so freaking short (sigh) and I wanted to write more, but this is all I could do. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and thank you for reading.

And another thank you to everyone who's been with Ellie and I from the beginning, and everyone who joined along the way. Everyone who shipped Ellie and Jackson and kind of watched their friendship crash and burn in the second book; everyone who enjoyed Scott and Ellie's cuteness; everyone who commented; everyone who voted.

Without you guys, I wouldn't have found the effort to actually finish my first story, let alone second. THANK YOU ALL SO SO MUCH!

xoxo

ELLIE WILL RETURN IN 'A SHARD OF GLASS'.