2.10 In Which There Is Reconciliation

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Days passed in a kind of blur for Ellie after what happened at the police station. Hunting trips around the woods to lure in Derek's pack, weapons stockpiling – they were doing everything they could to find the alpha. Sometimes Ellie would feel an ounce of regret, like a part of her wasn't totally dedicated to murdering him, but moments like those were few and far between.

All of the searching they'd been doing left her almost no time to think about Scott. Their relationship was over, she knew that much, but she still wanted to have a chance to talk to him. Just because they couldn't date anymore because he was siding with her enemy didn't mean she didn't want more of a conversation than a simple 'stay out of my way'. Throughout the chaos of the last week or so, she barely had a chance to make sure that he was alive.

Gerard was quickly becoming a supporting figure in both Ellie's and Allison's lives. He was still as creepy as he had always been, still as prejudiced, but working with him against one werewolf in particular made him easier to deal with. Ellie still worried about how willing he was to follow her orders, mind ringing with past remarks about her being 'just a child'. Allison didn't seem to think much of it; she trusted him blindly, and Ellie played along with little displays of suspicion. She made sure to keep watching him, though, to make sure he wasn't doing anything odd (which was difficult, because everything the man did was odd).

The only person in the situation that Ellie really believed she could rely on was Chris. He hated Derek with the same burning intensity she did, but he still had his morals. Killing a random person who hadn't actually hurt anybody was still out of the picture for him.

Of course, it wasn't out of the picture for everyone; especially not her grandfather.

;

Scott had been through a lot in the last six months. He was turned into a werewolf, hunted by an alpha, he got a girlfriend whose family wanted to kill him, he watched someone he was beginning to trust betray him, discovered that the 'kanima' existed, had his relationship fall to pieces around him, figured out who was controlling said kanima, and then held at gunpoint in the sheriff's station. Now, his mother was refusing to even look at him from horror, his girlfriend hadn't met him no matter how many times he'd tried to get in contact with her and his best friend had spoken to him less than Lydia Martin had in Freshman year (and she only spoke to him twice – both times to ask for a pencil).

Life sucked. Matt might have been dead, but that didn't mean he wasn't still a nutcase when he was alive. Stalking Ellie, photoshopping himself into pictures with her... there was nothing normal, or okay about that. It was freaking horrific, especially considering Scott had encouraged her to go out with the boy.

Sighing, Scott stepped out of the shower and stared at his reflection in the mirror. His face looked pale, gaunt, and the bags under his eyes could hold enough food for a family of five to last a year. There were rings of red around his eyes from crying (or allergies, as he would insist if anyone asked), the colour glaring out at him in a reminder of the eyes of an alpha.

Peter Hale, though long dead (four months was long), still haunted his nightmares. When he slept, all he could see was teeth ripping into the soft flesh of a person's stomach. The figure's face would change, morph from his mother, to Stiles, to Ellie and back again. Jackson made an appearance on occasion, but that would only be to peak cruelly over Peter's shoulder, eyes turning into the reptilian scowl of the kanima.

His trek from the bathroom to his bedroom was uneventful (thankfully, these days he was worried about being attacked at all times of the day), but the light, familiar hiss that sounded from inside his room destroyed any semblance of safety. Any other time, he would've been annoyed, but ready to fight. Any other time wasn't this time, though, because this time his mum was home.