2.20 In Which It Ends (part one)

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf

Of all things that happened after Ellie's defection to team werewolf, there were a few things that were more important than others. For example, Isaac took out around five members of the Beacon lacrosse team in order to force coach to allow Scott on the field, and Stiles ended up scoring the winning goal.

However, those things, though surprising, weren't the most crucial elements of the game. The title was rewarded to both the death of Jackson Whittemore, and the disappearance of Stiles Stilinski. Ellie wasn't completely sure how to feel about Jackson dying. There had been a time when she considered him one of her closest friends, but now... for so long, he'd been just 'the kanima' to her. It was like he hadn't really existed anymore.

And Stiles, nice, funny, cute Stiles who she'd used as a way to get back at her cousin, who she'd taken for granted. She'd never made a real effort to become friends with him further than she had to, and she regretted that so much. Gerard had him now, and, even if he didn't kill him, he'd come back to his father bloody and attacked and very different to what he was. Her grandfather had the ability to ruin a person – that much was obvious by simply looking back at Kate's life.

Kate had been a child once too, she'd been innocent. Her up-bringing had been the thing that made her lose her mind.

Now, Ellie was standing outside of her uncle's office. She needed to tell him about Gerard; if there was anyone who would listen, it was Chris. The man knew what his father was.

After knocking, she didn't wait to be invited before stepping inside. There was no time to spare, especially after what had happened. He was sat, flipping through papers noncommittedly, as if his ind was elsewhere.

"Ellie," he said when he saw her. "I thought I told you to get out of the house."

"That doesn't matter," she shrugged impatiently. "Look, I need to tell you something, it's really, really important-"

He stood up from his desk, glaring. "I don't want to hear another plan on how to kill Derek, alright? I'm busy."

"That's not what this is about!" Ellie protested. "Gerard's gone nuts, Chris! He killed Matt, and now he's controlling the kanima!"

"What?" Chris narrowed his eyes dangerously, "It's not the time for games, Ellie."

"I'm not playing games, I swear. Gerard is the kanima's master, and now Jackson is dead, and Stiles is missing, and the lights in the basement keep flickering, and I don't know what to do!" she yelled, hoping her grandfather wouldn't be able to hear her.

Her uncle didn't disagree again. His face twisted, like he'd smelled something disgusting (like a rat, if you know what I mean), and he moved away from the desk entirely. "I'll speak to him," he said.

"No! No, don't do that, he'll know you're onto him!"

"Gerard isn't the one in control here," Chris replied. "He needs to know that we won't all follow him blindly like Allison is."

"Allison?"

"She kidnapped Boyd and Erica," he told her. "That's why the lights are flickering."

Ellie couldn't believe it.

Her cousin had become the very thing they hadn't wanted to – the very thing she'd been about to become herself. If it wasn't for Scott, she would be on the wrong side of the battle; she would be fighting against Chris, and everything she'd ever believed in.

"We have to find Scott," the brunette decided. "We have to find Scott and help him with this mess."

;