0.20 In Which Things Take A Turn For The Worst

DISCLAIMER: I Do Not Own Teen Wolf (obviously)

Ellie Argent had seen her fair share of weird shit since moving to Beacon Hills.

Honestly, she was kind of expecting things to go back to the semblance of normal it had been before the night of the winter formal. Back then, she had been completely, blissfully ignorant to the supernatural aspects of the town. Her biggest problem had been struggling with her new orphan status, something she'd come to terms with since meeting Scott McCall.

But now things were different. Ellie was still in love with her boyfriend, that hadn't changed, but she understood things now. She understood why he'd lied to her, why he'd been so evasive and why he made out with her best friend and her cousin three days after she broke up with him (with totally valid reasons).

All of the bad things were because he was a werewolf.

So, now, two weeks and one uncomfortable trip to Washington later, she was ready to pick things up where they left off.

Yeah... That may not be as easy as it should be.

;

Ellie and Scott were enjoying a nice date out on the preserve. Scott had muttered to her that he wanted to take her to dinner or something extravagant, but he couldn't afford a restaurant. He was embarrassed about it, but Ellie just smiled and told him that she didn't like that sort of thing anyway.

"As long as I'm with you, I don't care where we are." She'd said sweetly.

Scott had decided to take her on a picnic to watch the sunset. He couldn't stand the thought of not being around her for an extended period of time after the days he'd spent with no contact with her at all.

They laid out a blanket in front of Stiles' jeep (something he'd very generously loaned to his best friend after agreeing that he wouldn't be using it any time soon – Stiles was too busy waiting outside of Lydia's hospital room) and dropped onto it together. The grass beneath them was slightly dry, and there were clouds blocking the sun, but it was peaceful. Tall trees circled the clearing, with an uneven dirt track flowing through the foliage.

Conversation blossomed; he told her about his quiet holiday with his mum and how he'd successfully dodged a call from his dad – she told him about being locked in her room most of the time and how off Allison had been acting when regarding the topic of werewolves.

After around three hours, all of the food was gone and they were packing away. He pouted about cutting the afternoon short, which made her giggle and kiss him. The kiss lasted longer than she'd meant it too, and he lifted her by the legs to sit on the bonnet of the jeep.

"We..." she gasped out, "Are... supposed... to... be leaving."

"I don't want to go," he nuzzled his face into her neck, and he placed a kiss on her pulse point. "I think we should stay here for at least a couple more hours."

"Hours?" Ellie brought his face back up to rest their foreheads together, "I think that's a little bit of an exaggeration if last time is anything to go by."

Scott made a disgruntled noise. "Hey! That is unfair. You can hardly judge every possible sexual occurrence between us on our first time."

"First time? What makes you think there'll be a second?" she teased lightly. Her boyfriend groaned, cheeks turning pink. "Aw, come on, don't be embarrassed. If you're cheeks get any darker I'll have to call you Clifford."

"Clifford?"

"Yeah." She grinned to herself for a moment, but when Scott's face scrunched up in confusion she explained: "Like Clifford from the books. Clifford the Big Red Dog. Because you were blushing... and you're a werewolf..."