03. Best Friend

''What do you mean he's missing?!'' Renjun yelled, making the line of demons in front of him wince in fear. ''I thought I forbid newbies from going out until they get a grip of the situation here? Didn't I?''

The demons kept their distance with no sound coming out of them.

''Speak the fuck up!''

''Chill there babe,'' Jaemin smirked, walking up to the boy who looked like he was this close to wipe away the whole nation of shaxes. ''I may or may not have some news regarding your newbie.''

''Jaem!'' the short boy exclaimed, turning his grumpy face to a smiley one.

''Oh, so I'm invisible?'' Mark scoffed, walking right next to Jaemin.

''Ew, what's your mom doing here, Jaem?''

''Fuck you too, Renjeon.'' Mark blabbered, sounding offended.

Renjun lifted up his fist at the older but sighed and gave up. Then he glared at his demons for one last time.

''Leave.'' he ordered and the demons quickly vanished, jumping back into the dark woods.

Tilting his head to a side, Jaemin looked around, wondering why was it too dark all of a sudden. It was always dark but at the moment it was so out of place.

As if something bad was about to happen.

Interesting.

He loved it bad, fearful and unlucky.

''Aren't you going too hard on them?'' Mark questioned as the three started heading back to Renjun's cozy haunted house that was at the very sight of them. ''Specially on the newbies?''

''Speaking of newbies, I'm missing one.'' the boy said in stress. ''Don't know where he went and it's stressing me out.''

''Cause you are missing one of your kids?''

''They are not my kids,'' Renjun angry pouted at the Lee. ''They are my babies...''

Mark rolled his eyes, looking disgusted.

''Jaem, you told me you know something about it?'' the short boy asked, his tone sounding hopeful.

Jaemin folded his hands on his chest, feeling too relaxed. ''He attacked me.''

Renjun stopped on his tracks.

''He did what?!''

''And now he's in two pieces.'' Mark too added in a relaxed tone. ''Rest in peace? more like rest in pieces.''

''You killed him?'' Renjun sounded sad. But then he clicked his tongue. ''I mean if he attacked you, fair enough.''

''Not you having double standards only for Jaemin....''

''I simp, what do you expect?'' Renjun scoffed.

Jaemin chuckled to himself. Of course Renjun liked him, in many ways. And he had no interest in caring about those. For him, Renjun was a 'friend' whom he admitted as. Not like those 'friends' he never cared of.

Renjun was the closest he had for a friend.

''Let's see if you'd simp over him when you get to know that he almost ate your baby.'' Mark said casually.