07. Words

It wasn't fun.

Jaemin let out an annoyed groan as he landed on the cold ground, his black wings covering up a huge spot. He smashed down the dying body of the angel he had on his hold; crashing few bones of the said creature to the core.

His eyes glistened in red, taking every bit of power into his system.

''P-Please....'' the angel begged for his life, unable to breath.

''Please?'' Jaemin asked widening his eyes. Then he broke into a pout. ''Why? Do you have a family to look after? A lover waiting for you? Do you love your life that much?''

''M-My.... ki-kids...''

The demonic prince tightened his hold on the other's neck, cackling hard.

''Rest assured.'' he said genuinely, being serious all of a sudden while nodding his head. ''I'll tell your kids that their father begged for his pathetic life--- oh wait.''

He then gasped, looking shocked. ''Why don't you say that yourself when you all can have a little reunion in after life? Oh man, I'm so generous.''

For a second he smiled. ''Die with pride if you do. Die as a warrior not as a coward. Shame on you for being such a father.''

''.....'' only muffled sounds were heard.

Then again Jaemin gave him a small smile, watching the angel breaking into tiny pieces until his bones were the only thing left.

''Coward....'' Jaemin muttered as he stood up, eyeing his wings.

His wings.

Something he did not like.

Demons too had wings; various from one to one. Yet he has never seen anyone who had something similar to his. He had blackish grey wings, all feathers.

Exactly the same replica of an angel's but make it black.

Those made him feel disgusted. He did not want to have anything similar with those privileged slaves of the sky. He barely unfolded his wings, considering doing so only for emergencies.

He cracked few bones around his neck to feel better, unfolding the useless item that was stuck on his back.

He looked around, getting a view of a real time grave yard.

So many bodies were there; some looking good as alive while some only had bones. The blood stains were hard to see as the dark forest was indeed dark. It didn't look red as Jaemin liked.

Also it was not fun as it used to be.

Sir Huang died.

And he couldn't do anything about it.

He was late.

He couldn't do anything but watch as that woman killed one of his most valuable men.

Renjun cried, evoking some unwanted emotions inside his mistake of a heart. It was his first time seeing someone closer to him die right in front of his eyes and also the first time seeing Renjun acting like that.

He was mad.

No one was allowed to make his Renjun sad.

No one.