06. Fallen

''Protect the royal family!'' their chief commander yelled across the ceremony hall, already ordering his team to defend the innocent.

Even tho they were angels, they always had a trained team, also called as an army for this kind of situations.

Jaehyun pulled Taeyong behind his back as those filthy demons stared attacking them left and right. His eyes scanned the whole venue with tension as a team of angels landed in front of them for their protection.

''Jae, the kids--'' Taeyong muttered, sounding very much scared yet not weak. ''Donghyuck and Sungchan?''

They all took a step back as the enemies came more forward.

Jaehyun tightened his grip on Taeyong's hand, praying that his brothers would be fine as he couldn't see any of them in the chaos that was unfolding in front of him.

''Jaehyun!'' Yuta yelled from nowhere. ''Over here!''

It took them few seconds to spot the said angel.

''Hyuck is with us!''

The king let out a silent sigh of relief as his eyes fell on the younger who was now secured behind the couple, yelling for Sungchan's name. Winwin had his sword drawn out as Yuta was searching for someone.

''Sungchan.... where are you...'' Jaehyun muttered, looking for his own brother. But he couldn't recognize anyone due to all the fights that were happening.

Everything was a mix of black at white; pure chaos, yelling and screams of agony.

''Taeyong,'' the king turned at his husband, holding both his hands. ''Take the kids and leave.''

''What?! No, I'm not leaving--''

''Listen, we are gonna be fine, okay?'' Jaehyun reassured. ''I'll be fine. Take the kids and Jihyo with you.''

''No, Jaehyun--'' the older looked teary eyed.

''Doesn't matter what happens to us, we need to keep them safe.''

''We aren't leaving.'' Jeno who was quiet the whole time, spoke as he looked dead inside.

To hell with him.

He really was bad luck.

So much for getting the crown and ruling the world.

He knew something would happen, and that had to be the worst happening of all the time. How did the demons even get in there? They had thousands of wars over the past years but all of that happened on the ground. No demon has ever stepped into heaven except for one time.

How did that happen?

And now Jaehyun wanted them to leave?

No shit.

Donghyuck was safe with Yuta and Winwin. Yet he had to find Jihyo and Sungchan. He would not leave anyone behind. He wanted to fight.

As much as he hated it, he wanted to kill at the moment.

''No, don't start.'' Jaehyun turned at him, pointing his index finger. ''This is not the time, take your brothers and leave. Right now.''

''But hyung-''

''Jeno, I'm serious here. It's an order.''

''And I'm the crown prince.'' Jeno added sternly. ''I have power too. Sorry, your majesty, but I won't obey you this time.''