12. Dark

"There you go, young master." Mark said casually throwing a vial at the said boy.

Jaemin caught it without much effort, holding it tight. Mark came forward and stood by the window, eyeing the sky.

It was pitch black and no stars were visible.

Boring.

A night sky without stars was not beautiful enough.

He waited until Mark got seated, not turning his head to even look at the older.

"Are we good now?" He asked, rubbing his thumb against the object he had in his hand.

"Doesn't matter. I have to serve you anyway. I'm simply a servant of yours." Mark didn't sound excited.

"Well then go back. Your service for today is enough."

Silence.

Knowing what was about to happen, Jaemin smiled to himself, still searching for a star up there.

"Aren't you gonna drink that?" The older asked in a completely different tone.

"Aren't you gonna drink yours?" Jaemin asked back, finally looking at the boy and pointing the same type of vial Mark had with him.

No one spoke until both did a silent cheer and hit the vials together as if it was some kind of a celebration.

With one gulp, they drank up the brownish black liquid inside it.

Jaemin brushed his hand over his lips, shutting his eyes and exhaling loudly. Mark shook his head, placing the vial down on the window sill and clenching his fists.

"Its getting awful day by day." The older said with a disgusted face.

"That's because you prefer natural venom than home made ones." Jaemin said, feeling good after the small shot.

"I don't understand why we have to make those at home. Snake venom is much better."

"I'm fine with it as long as it tastes good."

"Still disgusting." Mark touched his tongue for a split second. "Even after years of drinking that shit I still can't feel my tongue."

Jaemin laughed out loud.

He didn't know why but the situation was funny to him. After few seconds Mark too joined him, both laughing like some mad men.

Just like he imagined, Mark wasn't the type to hold grudges. The small argument from few hours earlier was gone.

Everything was back to normal.

The laughter slowly died, silence ruling them again. Jaemin couldn't find any star he wished to see. Mark didn't bother him, simply observing everything around him.

"I'm going to Renjun's place now. You wanna tag along?" The older asked after a long pause.

"No." He replied, not even asking the reason as to why Mark wanted to go there.

Few minutes of silence again.

"Any plans regarding that angel?" Mark questioned. "I kind of want to see him."

Jaemin turned back at the other, giving him a blank look. "Why?"

"Because.... I don't know actually. I just feel like seeing him. Aren't you excited to see him?"