08. Red

''Jaem? Where are you?!'' he could hear Mark's distant call.

''Over here!'' he yelled back, not letting go of his villainous smile.

It was an angel.

A boy to be exact. He was breathing, still fighting for his life. His golden white wings were still unfolded, lying by his two sides, motionless.

All Jaemin could see was blood. The angel had a white suit on just like every kind of his. But it was hard to spot anything white as everything was red. He seemed to have a huge cut across his chest, blood splattered everywhere on his face.

Yet Jaemin felt oddly familiar with the sight.

Has he seen this angel somewhere?

Probably at the hunt few hours ago. It was no surprise to see a dying angel down there. Within few minutes this one would die too.

''Why are you here?'' he heard Mark's voice behind him, feeling the presence of the older next to him. ''What the.... he's alive.'' he changed the tone at the view.

''Hmm, barely.''

''Want me to kill him? Or you want to do the honors?''

Jaemin gave a glance at the boy. ''Really? What happened to that 'you need a reason to kill' and all?''

Mark did a quick eye roll, clicking his tongue. ''He's dying Jaemin. A quick death would do him good.''

The younger smiled, as if to say that Mark's way of thinking was adorable. ''Then I'll do it.''

With that he crouched down, placing one knee on the dirty ground.

He observed the body in front of him.

Black hair, sharp jaw line, milky skin even tho it was wasted with blood at the moment, perfect built. He wondered how would this angel look like in real life.

He was ready to end the said creature's life, moving his fingers to attack his neck.

Yet he couldn't stop staring.

He was feeling something inside him, feeling the urge to stay like that. Without his knowing his brows frowned, some unknown rush of anger running through his veins.

Suddenly it was too much red.

Who dared to make that angelic face dirty with blood?

''Ruined...'' he murmured, tracing his fingers down the angels face and feeling the now sticky blood. ''Red does not suit him....''

''Jaemin?''

''Hmm?'' he asked in a rhythm, trying to wipe away those marks out of the angel's face.

''What are you doing?''

He stopped.

Realizing what he did, he slowly took away his hand trying to focus.

''I'm killing him, can't you see?''

''By touching his face?'' Mark scoffed.

''Shut it.''