chapter three

CHAPTER THREE:
" HOMECOMING "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NOVA PREPARED the shuttle slowly each repair was antagonising, if there was a muck up she had to think of a substitute for it - nearly two weeks had passed before she finally felt the shuttle was strong enough to travel and survive passing the ear...

NOVA PREPARED the shuttle slowly each repair was antagonising, if there was a muck up she had to think of a substitute for it - nearly two weeks had passed before she finally felt the shuttle was strong enough to travel and survive passing the earth's atmosphere.

Every day she tried the radio but communications were still down - part of Nova considered a hacker had managed to get into their systems and disrupt their connection.

The defense was simply too strong - no hacker could get through everything surrounding their systems.

Unless Einstein had been resurrected as a technological genius - to be fair, Nova could probably do it herself if she was given enough time but not from space. It would be impossible.

"Come on, come on." She mumbled - there was a slight rumble of the shuttle that bought a smile to her face.

"Yes!" A small shriek parted her lips and she threw a fist in the air celebrating her victory - it'd still be a couple days until she could travel.

If something had passed and hit the station then there was a possibity another could come across and destroy the shuttle - promptly ending her life before she got to earth.

Nova didn't sleep a wink the night before - she was high on the idea of seeing her friends and last living family members again.

She had missed them all but this was an opportunity that couldn't be turned away.

Nova was living for her and her father, who had shared the same dreams a decade before she was even a thought.

Unfortunately, he didn't have the same privileges she was given, he never even attended school past his junior year - but he was intelligent beyond anyone's expectations.

An engineer that inspired her more than anyone would ever understand.

Nova was antsy - she needed to get the hell out of dodge.

Earth was beautiful especially from the vantage point Nova was lucky enough to be seeing it from - the beauty went further than the interior, it was captivating.

But she had to leave, she had to ignore the desire to continue exploring the universe.

And how she wanted to, the urge to take a step on the planet that we called the moon and be able to understand the rush that Neil Armstrong described when he returned wearing the crown of the first man on the moon.