chapter six

CHAPTER SIX:
" SON OF A BITCH! "

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NOVA STARED out the window as Glenn shoved their things in the trunk of the car, Rick was whispering something in the Korean boys ear staring uncertaintly at the girl who seemed jittery

"You've gotta be be careful out there," he said slapping his hand on the boys shoulder.

Rick knew Glenn could hold his own but with someone so new to the world's current situation, everything could go wrong.

"We'll be fine," he reassured the older man slamming the trunk shut.

He walks over to the car and leans on the open window peering in at a nervous Nova, "are you sure you can do this?"

She smiles, "I'll be fine. Daryl has drilled  a lot of information into my head."

Glenn starts the car and Rick taps the roof stepping away from the automobile before it started moving, gesturing for Carol to open the gates and let them through.

Being in a normal mode of transportation threw Nova off guard, she had nearly prepared herself to feel the same adrenaline rush that she recieved when being shot into space.

Oh, that rush was missed dearly.

The outside world seemed so peaceful, nature seemed healthier without electricity buildings creating pollution couldn't do it anymore.

Right now, the only good this apocalypse was doing was improving the environment drastically - Nova loved the smell of fresh air, much better than the smog you used to breath in when stepping foot into a city.

She smiles and rests her head on the open window, "aren't the trees beautiful?"

Glenn glances over, "I guess so."

Nova moves back into the car and puts her window up, suddenly remembering where she was, the danger that actually lurked somewhere out there.

"What are we going?" She asked breaking the awkward silence.

"We need to grab a few things for the group, try to scavenge some things.." he answers plainly.

The drive felt like it was going forever, every now and then they passed a walker groaning and limping its way around.

Some of them were purely disgusting, skin peeling from their faces even chunks just gone, it was gut wrenching.

Cars blocking the road makes Glenn pull their vehicle over and grunt, "we are going to have to walk the rest of the way."

"What if we get attacked by those... things?" She asks.

Glenn shrugs eyes squinting as he peeks through the trees, "then we'll kill them," he states monotonous.