Chapter 3

Saiki yawned and stretched as he woke up. He's been staying at Arial's for a few days.
"Saiki! Guess what, guess what?!" Arial kicked the door down.
Saiki groans and rubs his eyes.
"What do you want..." He sat up in the bed.
"UA accepted us! And the entrance exam is tomorrow!" Arial cried.
"That's what you woke me up for?" Saiki asked.
"Oh good grief, I'm going back to sleep..." He laid back down and covered himself with his blankets.
"We have to fill out our hero costume forms, remember?" Arial waved the sheet around.
"I remember, I just don't care." Saiki put the pillow on his head.
Arial huffed and left his room.
He sighed and went back to sleep.

✨The next day✨

"Kusuo! Wake up, wake up!" Saiki drifted awake to see Arial shaking him.
"What?" Saiki sighed.
"We have to go to the entrance exam! It started 5 minutes ago!" Arial shouted.
"But I thought it was tomorrow..." Saiki said.
"It is tomorrow! Now get your tailbone up and dressed! Or we'll be too late!" Arial rushed out of the room.
Saiki groaned and got up. He restored his clothes and walked out of his room.
"Here's an onigiri! Now let's go!" Arial shoved a rice ball is his hand and dragged him to the UA High School.
By the time they got there, Arial was out of breath.
"Sorry...we're...late..." Arial wheezed.
"Uh, it's fine, just have a seat..." A man with yellow hair and multiple speakers on his outfit directed them to the stands.
"Good thing we made it, huh?" Arial nudged Saiki, with no trace of her earlier worry.
While they were listening to the instructions, Saiki noticed a particularly loud thought.
"Can't even come on time to the entrance exam? Ha! I bet they won't even last 10 minutes!" An aggressive voice thought.
"What a pain..." Saiki traced the thought to a blond, smirking, spiky haired boy in front of them.
"Now, are you readyyyyy?!" Man yelled into a microphone. Everyone cheered in agreement.
Then, everyone headed to their respective fields. Saiki looked around at his competition. He spotted a green haired boy with a freckled face.
"He won't last a minute..." Saiki sighed.
Soon enough, there was a starting noise and everyone ran off to destroy the robots.
Saiki looked beside him to see that Arial was already gone.
"Good grief...looks like I'm really doing this..." Saiki started walking into the enclosure.
Left and right, he started demolishing robots with his ESP.
"Who the hell is doing this?"
"Is this the pink haired kid? How is he going that?"
"What even is his quirk?"
Saiki heard several thoughts of that, but ignored them and continued destroying robots. He glanced to the side to see Arial doing the same thing, flying up in the air, and finishing them off with a kick.
"Wow, she's actually competent..." Saiki thought to himself.
Eventually, the exams were over and Arial and Saiki flew home with their powers.
"Man, talk about a workout, huh?" Arial was laying on the couch, wings spread out beside her.
"Not really." Saiki sat down on the chair and opened a peach tea.
"And did you see that giant 0 pointer? And did you see how that broccoli-looking kid defeated it with one punch, it's just...wow!" Arial smiled.
"I gotta admit, that boy held his own better than I thought." Saiki took a sip of his drink.
"Yeah, too bad he's probably not gonna make it in..." Arial sighed in defeat.
"It's a shame too, he's a really nice kid..." She pouted.
"I would disagree." Saiki looked to her.
"Hey! I'll have you know that he was very friendly an-"
"I was talking about him not getting in." Saiki pinched the bridge of his nose.
Arial went silent.
"Oh."
She laid back down.
"I heard the judges thoughts while I was leaving. Apparently, he earned a lot of "Rescue Points" for saving that girl. Maybe that's enough to get him in." Saiki explained.
"Yay!" Arial clapped.
"Good grief, what a child..." Saiki shook his head.
"I can't wait for the results! I really hope we're in the hero class! Or even better, class 1-A!" Arial's smile grew wider.
Saiki sighed.
"Please god, do me a favor and don't put me in the same class as her..."