Chapter 26 - Job

Dean Alessandro

Pure chaos.

It was a pure chaos and a sign from Lycan, Dante and Matteo claiming a war. This morning, I got news that someone is leaking information about ILLICIT. I checked the news. Lycan, Dante and Matteo claimed themself as the members of ILLICIT and they even dragged Danielle and Luka too.

They made a press conference saying that it feels good to reveal themselves after years of hiding. People asked a lot of questions and I got a lot of calls from Europol asking what the hell is going on.

A lot of people wanted to know them right away and guess what? They announced working with the Russians for their nuclear energy.

"What should we do?" I turned to Adrian who left speechless looking at the news.

"Danielle and Luka are dragged." Angelo added.

"We should find when will they go to Russia because we can stop them one their way there." Danielle said.

"No." I said as I kept looking at the news.

"It's too dangerous to stop them on their way there, we have to do it in Russia." I said.

"Dean, you're asking for a mass killing if we do it in Russia. You know the Russians hate us." Chance said. I grabbed the case that I brought yesterday to the new headquarters opening it.

I took out the transparent card with a small chip on it slowly and looked at it.

"What is this?" Damien asked.

"Parker's DNA, the activator. Lycan wants this." I said.

"How could he have the balls to work with Russians when the activator is here?" Isabella asked.

"They actually have the key but they don't know it yet but once he gives it to the Russians, it won't be a good news." I said.

"Can you tell me about rhe nuclear code? How is it made and.. how you operate it?" Edmund asked. Danielle got up and showed the prototype of the nuclear code case with a 3D projector.

She showed all of us how it works and how exactly it can be activated.

"The thing is that.. I don't know if it's still in one piece or not?" Danielle stated.

"Judging by how Parker designed it, it won't be easy to just.. input the code even though the key is there." Edmund said as he zoomed in to the device.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked.

"Show me the nuclear design." Edmund said to Danielle and she showed it to him.

"When he designed it, it was DNA based activator. Danielle is the only person who can access it too besides him." I said.

"Did he ever tell you more about it?" Damien asked.

"The nuclear itself is not done, I came back and told them that I will finish it. The design is not perfect yet but they still can blow it up." Danielle said and Damien nodded.

"So what's your plan? Because Chance's plan is not bad but it sure is risky." Damien turned to me.

"Don't forget that he just exposed himself.." Adrian said and I nodded.

"I have an idea but it's pretty risky, especially for.. Danielle and Luka." Isabella said.

"Let's not gamble."

"What is it?" Danielle asked.

"Make a press conference with Danielle and Luka." Isabelle said.

"And then?"

"Saying that you're not a part of ILLICIT and just let the public know about the nuclear existence." I turned to Isabelle.

"I think it will drive them crazy and want to ruin it more." Angelo said and he has a point.

"We have to trigger that, that way we know exactly his plan since he has no other choice but to speed up the process." Isabella said as she approached rhe 3D projector.

"Edmund can create a decide that can destruct this nuclear code but we do need time."

"How much?" I asked Edmund.

"I'll help, give us 3-4 days." Damien added.

"Okay." I nodded.

Danielle Leone

I saw Dean looking his brothers working in the lab through the window. I knew deep inside he's worried but he doesn't seem want to admit it. I decided to leave him alone.

I walked to the cafeteria to grab lunch and I found Isabella looking blankly out the window. I grabbed my lunch and sat down with her.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hey." She smiled.

"Are you worried?" I asked and she nodded.

"We're going to do this together."

"I.. just wish.. before we go, Dean could forgive me." She said as she looked down to her food.

"He will come around, I know he will."

"Damien adores him a lot. He really trying his best to fix the relationship but it seems Dean kept pushing him away."

"Dean cares, it's just he's not the type who can say it out loud or try to express it."

"Really?"

"Yeah, don't worry.. he will come around."

Edmund Serano

I turned to see Damien fell asleep on the sofa after working for hours. I looked at the device in front of me and sighed. I got up and walked out to get some fresh air when I saw 2 bottles of coffee in front of the door.

I can't help but smile seeing it. I grabbed it and put it on the table. I walked out from the lab and walked around. My eyes caught Dean at the rooftop, I got into the lift and went up.

When I opened the door, Dean turned to check who came. I closed the door and walked towards him.

"Are you nervous?" I asked and he nodded.

"Don't worry, we will.. stop them." I assured him and he sighed.

"I don't know what's going on in your head right now but.. don't even try to solve things by yourself." I added and he turned to me.

"You know you don't have to do all of this, I know you're doing because you want my forgiveness." Dean said and I chuckled.

"Nice guess but no.. I'm just helping my little brother so he won't get killed."

"Funny." He hissed.

"I get it that you don't want to be a part of us, I respect that but.. at least, let me do my job as your brother and don't shut me off."

"Keep on dreaming."