Chapter 38 - Dean's Downfall

Danielle Leone

It's been a month since I woke and I've been healing slowly. Alejandro told me that I can go home next week if I do my last session of physical therapy well. I'm excited and I've been spending time with Dean going to theraphy and just trying to entertain ourself in the hospital room.

Since Dean is sleeping and I'm so hungry, I decided to go to the cafeteria alone. I ordered some food and sat on the table next to the window.

Andorra is really beautiful and somehow I want to live here.

"Hi." I turned to see Isabella and she gave me a hug. I gestured her to sit with me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Doing great, thank you."

"I know I should have say this earlier but thank you, Danielle. If it wasn't for you, I would be dead back then." She said and I nodded lightly. I'm glad that she's okay now.

"It's okay, Bella. We had to protect each other." I said as I held her hand assuring her that it's okay.

"I'm glad to see Dean is doing okay too." Bella said and I nodded.

The Serano is trying so hard to approach Dean but it seems Dean is still find it awkward and not being able to.. start a conversation with them. Dean told me everything about why he's with Alessandro and Dean felt bad pushing them away but somehow it's still hard for him to approach them too.

He can't even call his parents with the word father and mother, let alone his siblings. They didn't force Dean to be a part of Serano but I know deep down they want Dean to come back to his original place.

But I guess.. we all need time.

Dean Alessandro

I woke up and saw a piece of paper saying that Danielle is eating at the cafeteria. I got up and stretched my body. I walked out from the room when I heard people debating. I'm pretty sure I heard Edmund's voice.

I closed the door slowly and walked towards where the voice was.

"Why did you say that, father?!" Isabella bursted angrily and I could heard my mother crying on the side.

"I wish.. I could do something.."

"Why is the world so cruel? Why?" I heard my mother said.

"How can we tell him that?" Damien asked.

"Tell me what?" I walked out from my hiding place and all of them turned fo me in horrro. My mother was crying, Isabella's face was so red and my father turned away.

"What? What happened?" I asked.

"What?! Tell me!" I bursted angrily.

"Dean, you won't be able to.. perform surgeries again. We ran a test 2 times already and your hands.." My father said and my heart sank. I looked at them blankly trying to process the information again.

"I'm sorry." My father said as he tried to approach me. I took a step back and I could my breath hitched.

Being a doctor was everything to me. It's a safe place where I could feel peace and help people in need. Hearing that I won't be able to help people anymore felt so unfair.

What did I do wrong in my life until.. I just lose my happiness one by one?

"Dean." Edmund tried to approach me.

"No! Don't.."

"We're sorry." Isabella said and I nodded lightly.

"I need some time alone." I said and I walked out from the building. I ran so hard and fast until I couldn't breath anymore. My heart hurt and I could feel all the happiness in my life slowly disappearing.

What did I do? What did I do until I get punished like this?

I ran and ran until I could feel my lungs hurting. I dropped down to the ground crying. I can't believe what I heard earlier. I looked at my hands and I can see it's trembling.

I got up and started walking. I could feel slowly my sould leaving out my body. I was angry, I felt unfair and disappointed. I couldn't blame anyone other than myself.

I could feel rain drops on my head as it slowly raining. I screamed my lungs out completely disappointed and mad at myself. I could have save my people and make people happy even though.. I can't be happy.

I sat on the road as the rain slowly get harder and harder. I looked at my hands and I just wish I.. be more careful.

"Dean." I heard Damien's voice. He kneeled in front of me and he was crying.

"I'm sorry." He said and I couldn't find my voice to say anything. He held my hand and I cried more.

Why did I.. do to deserve this?

Danielle Leone

When I got back from rhe cafeteria, Bella told me what happen. My heart hurt for Dean because I know how much being a surgeon means a lot to him.

Bella told me that Damien already run after him. It's raining outside too and I'm worried about him. I want him to be happy, I really do want him to be happy and I would do anything for him.

I would trade everything that I have for his happiness.

After a few hours, Dean got back with Damien. Dean was not in a good shape. He looked like a zombie and I could see his eyes were empty. Damien laid him on the hospital bed and I held Dean's hand. He kept looking up to the ceiling.

Alejandro checked on him and I stayed with him most of the time. I didn't dare to say a word, I just sat trying my best not to cry. Suddenly Dean started to cry and I pulled him into a hug.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I'm sorry.." He cried to sleep and my heart broke. I tried to hard not to cry because it will wake him up. I want to cheer him up and make him happy.

I slowly let his hand go and grabbed my phone. I walked out from the room.

"Father, can I.. ask for a favour?"