Chapter 43 - Missing Him

Isabella Serano

I was walking alone in London. It's been a long time since I spend time by myself. I still can't get over the fact that my brother is not coming back anytime soon. I miss him already.

I stood on the bridge looking out to the thames trying to calm myself down.

"Is this yours?" I turned to see a man holding my necklace. I touched my neck and turned to him again.

"Thank you." I said and he smiled.

"I know this might sound a little bit nosy but I saw you crying earlier. I just want to know if you're okay or maybe if you need help?" He asked.

"I'm okay, thank you for asking." I said and he left me. I sat down on the bench and put the necklace back into my bag. Suddenly there's a man grabbing my bag and threw it straight to the river.

"What the hell are you going?!" I bursted angrily at him and he looked down to the river. My bag exploded and I looked at it disbelief. The man grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked as I tried to pull my hand away from him.

"Corwin Grey, there's someone wanted to kidnap you and kill you." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Why? I didn't do anything!"

"You didn't do anything?" He asked looking at me disbelief.

"You need to come with me, I will explain it to you later!"

Chance Kyson

I was standing on the rooftop of the new ILLICIT headquarters. I looked up to the sky praying that Dean is doing okay.

I miss him already.

"It's going to rain soon." I turned to see Adrian walking towards me. He stood beside me and we both looked up to the sky.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"I bet he is, we know he's happier." Adrian answered.

"I wish he could come back soon."

"We can't be selfish, we left him.. remember?" Adrian sighed.

"Sometimes.. it hunts me."

"What?"

"Leaving him was not the best decision."

"Don't blame yourself, everything happened for a reason. We helped him, remember?" Adrian patted my shoulder and I nodded.

"What are you two doing here?" I heard Phoenix's voice.

"Just missing Dean." Adrian said.

"We all miss him." Phoenix sighed.

"Let's just wait for him, he will comeback.. even though we don't know when."

"Hey idiots." Angelo joined.

"Here." Angelo gave us a photo and it's a photo of Dean smiling with his two dogs in the garden.

"Where did you get it?" I asked.

"I gave it to him." We all turned to Damien and he smiled.

"Danielle sent us photos giving us updates about Dean every now and then." Damien brought more photos and I looked at them one by one. I smiled seeing him happy.

"He grows.. tomatoes?" Angelo asked.

"I'm glad that he's happy." Adrian said.

"Thank you, Damien." I turned to him.

"He will comeback." Damien said and I nodded.

"I hope so."

Phoenix Sterling

A year later..

"If you have any questions, feel free to ask." I said as I looked at the crowd.

Today, I was part of a tech exhibition and have the chance to give tips and trick on tech business. Today is my last session of sharing my business experience to people and I'm glad that I can help people around.

I got a couplenof questions for people and I tried my best to answer it based on my experience.

"Last one." I said and the staff gave the mic to one of the people in the middle row.

"I want to ask Mr. Sterling." My whole body froze hearing his voice. My eyes quickly trying to find where he is.

It's Dean.

I was so happy that I can't control my smile. He stood up from his seat and gave me a little wave. All I wanted to do was to run to him and hug him.

"My name is Declan Serano, I want to ask you if you're.. a part of ILLICIT." My eyes widen when he asked that and a lot of people gasp hearing it. He smiled and I chuckled.

"A part of ILLICIT and why are you so curious about it?" I asked.

"You seem to be someone who is capable to be a part of them. I love you last project, I bought all 5 colors." He said and I chuckled.

"Thank you, Mr. Serano, for buying.. my newest.. robot in 5 colors. Thankyou and as for your question.. I am a part of ILLICIT." As soon as I sad that, the crowd started to go crazy. The paparazzi were going nuts and everyone tried to interview me.

"Thank you all for today." I quickly got off the stage and went straight to the back stage.

"I wsnt you to get that last man who asked me.. NOW!" I told my men and I let out a long sigh. I couldn't believe what I just saw.

Dean is here.

"Miss me?" I turned and found him standing there with his hands in his pocket. I immediately ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"I miss you!" I said and he patted my back.

"Miss you too, Sterling." He said and I pulled back to see if he's real or not. I pinched his cheek and hugged him again.

"You're back!"

"I'm back." He whispered.

"I miss you. How are you doing?" I asked as I pulled back.

"I'm doing great. Never been happier." He said as he hugged me again.

"Wait! Did you just make me.. reveal that I'm a part of ILLICIT?" I asked and he nodded.

"For what?"

"It's time for a change. A better one." He smiled and I nodded.

"Glad to have you back, Dean."

"I'll go by Declan now, Sterling." He said and I smiled.

"I'm so happy to see you again. All I wanted to do earlier was to run to you and hug you. Wow, that feels like a romantic movie.." I said and Declan laughed.

"Let's have lunch together."